But the activism that leads up to that day comes in many forms.
但导致这一天到来的行动主义有多种形式。
Some wanna march right up in front. Others prefer to stay back.
一些人想走在前面。其他人则倾向于呆在幕后。
Some kneel in the pews, others on the street corner.
有的跪在长椅上,有的跪在街角。
Some canvas their neighborhoods, others run for office.
一些人在他们的社区里涂鸦,另一些人竞选公职。
Some do an honest day's work and raise good kids,
有些人做一天诚实的工作,培养出好孩子,
others chose to focus on their education
另一些人选择专注于他们的教育,
and use that degree to address these issues
并利用学位来解决这些问题,
and build a better life for themselves and those around them.
为自己和周围的人创造一个更好的生活。
Graduates, it's all important, and we need every bit of it.
毕业生们,这些都很重要,每一样我们都需要。
So we cannot allow our hurt and our frustration
因此,我们不能让我们遭遇的伤害和挫折
to turn us against each other,
使我们彼此对立,
to cancel somebody else's point of view
排斥别人的观点,
if we don't agree with every last bit of their approach.
哪怕我们不同意别人的每一点做法。
That kind of thinking only divides us and distracts us from our higher calling.
这种想法只会把我们分裂,分散我们对更高使命的注意力。
It is the gum in the wheel of progress.
它是进步车轮上的口香糖。
Graduates, this is how you can finish the work that the generations before you have started.
毕业生们,这就是你们如何完成之前几代人所做的工作。
By staying open and hopeful, even in the tough times.
即使在困难时期也要保持开放和希望。
By channeling that discomfort you feel into activism,
将你感到的不安导入行动主义,
and a democracy that was designed to respond to those who vote.
导入一个旨在响应投票人的民主制度。
And here's the thing, I know you can do it.
还有一件事,我知道你能做到。
Because over these many years, I have seen exactly who you are.
因为这么多年来,我已经看清了你们的本质。
I've seen your creativity, and your talent, and your resourcefulness.
我看到了你的创造力,你的才华和你的足智多谋。
I've seen you speaking out to end gun violence and fight climate change.
我看到你为结束枪支暴力和对抗气候变化而大声疾呼。
I've seen you gathering donations for those in need during this pandemic.
我见过你在这次大流行期间为那些需要帮助的人募捐。
I have seen you marching with peace and with purpose.
我看到你带着和平和目标前进。
And that is why, even in tough times like these,
这就是为什么,即使在这样艰难的时刻,
you continue to be what gives me hope.
你仍然是给我希望的人。
Graduates, you all are exactly what we need right now, and for the years and decades to come.
毕业生们,你们正是我们现在所需要的,也是在未来的岁月里所需要的。
You're learning so much, so quickly.
你学了这么多,这么快。
And I know that, not only can you do better than those who came before you,
我知道,你不仅现在能比那些在你之前的人做得更好,
you will.
将来也能做到。
So it's your time.
所以现在是你们的时代了。
I love you all.
我爱你们所有人。
I believe in you all.
我相信你们。
I want you to be safe.
我要你们安全。
And I can't wait to see you take the reins.
我迫不及待地想看到你们掌权。
Congratulations again on your graduation.
再次祝贺你们毕业。
God bless you.
上帝保佑你。