手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 致2020毕业生 > 正文

米歇尔·奥巴马寄语2020毕业生的演讲(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Which is my third lesson today,

这是我今天的第三节课,

to share that voice with the rest of the world.

与全世界分享声音。

For those of you who feel invisible,

对于那些感觉被忽视的人来说,

please know that your story matters.

请知道你的故事很重要。

Your ideas matter.

你的想法很重要。

Your experiences matter,

你的经历很重要。

your vision for what our world can and should be matters.

你对我们这个世界能够和应该是什么的愿景很重要。

So don't ever, ever let anyone tell you that you're too angry

所以,永远不要让任何人告诉你,你太生气了,

or that you should keep your mouth shut.

或者你‘应该闭嘴’。

There will always be those who want to keep you silent,

总有人想让你保持沉默,

to have you be seen but not heard.

让别人看见你却听不见你。

Or maybe they don't even want to see you at all.

或者他们根本不想见你。

But those people don't know your story.

但那些人不知道你的故事。

And if you listen to them, then nothing will ever change.

如果你听从他们的话,一切都不会改变。

So, it's up to you to speak up when you or someone you know isn't being heard.

这一切都取决于你或你认识的人受到忽视的时候选择大声说出来。

It's up to you to speak out against cruelty, dishonesty, bigotry, all of it.

这一切都取决于你对残酷、不诚实及偏见的反抗。

It's up to you to march hand in hand with your allies

自己便能决定自己要不要与盟友携手前进,

021228.jpg

to stand peacefully with dignity and purpose on the front lines in the fight for justice.

有尊严、有目标、和平地站在前线,为正义而战。

And here's the last part.

这是最后一部分。

It's up to you to couple every protest with plans and policies,

抗议活动需要有计划及政策的支持,

with organizing, and mobilizing, and voting.

要有组织、动员和投票。

And that's my final piece of advice.

这是我最后的建议。

Graduates, anger is a powerful force.

毕业生们,愤怒是一种强大的力量。

It can be a useful force,

它可能是一种有用的力量,

but left on its own, it will only corrode and destroy and sow chaos on the inside and out.

但对愤怒隐忍,它只会腐蚀、毁灭,从内到外都乱成一团。

But when anger is focused, when it's channeled into something more,

但当愤怒集中起来,当它被引导到更多的事情上时,

oh, that is the stuff that changes history.

哦,这就是改变历史的东西。

Dr. King was angry. Sojourner Truth was angry.

马丁路德金很愤怒。索杰娜·特鲁斯很愤怒。

Lucretia Mott, Cesar Chavez,

卢克丽霞·莫特、塞萨尔·查韦斯、

the folks at Stonewall, they were all angry.

石墙事件的民众都很愤怒。

But those folks were also driven by compassion, by principle, by hope.

但那些人也是出于同情心,原则,希望。

And so they took advantage of whatever resources they had in their own time.

所以他们利用了他们自己漫长岁月里所拥有的一切资源。

Thundering from the pulpit and the convention floor,

他们在讲坛和会场发声,

penning letters from a jail cell,

在监狱里写信,

standing up for their rights in the face of police violence.

在警察暴力面前维护自己的权利。

They built coalitions with folks like them and different from them.

他们与和自己相像以及和自己截然不同的人建立联盟。

They got fluent in the language of power.

他们精通权力的语言。

They sat down with leaders they disagreed with

他们与意见相左的领导人坐在一起协商,

because they knew that if they wanted their vision to be made real,

因为他们知道,如果他们想实现自己的愿景,

it needed to be made law.

那就需要法律。

It needed to be voiced not just on the streets, but in the halls of power.

它不仅需要在大街上表达,而且需要在权力的殿堂里表达。

It needed to be carried not just by the housekeeper

它不仅需要管家

and the shift worker, but by the senator and the congresswoman,

和轮班工人,而且需要参议员和女议员,

and, yes, the President of the United States.

当然还有美国总统。

So, graduates, it is your time now.

所以,毕业生们,现在是你们的时代了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
chaos ['keiɔs]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,无秩序,混沌

联想记忆
fluent ['flu:ənt]

想一想再看

adj. 流利的,流畅的

联想记忆
convention [kən'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 大会,协定,惯例,公约

联想记忆
advantage [əd'vɑ:ntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 优势,有利条件
vt. 有利于

联想记忆
compassion [kəm'pæʃən]

想一想再看

n. 同情,怜悯

联想记忆
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
sow [sau]

想一想再看

v. 播种,散布
n. 母猪, 大母熊,

 
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交换,变化,移动,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
stonewall ['stəun'wɔ:l]

想一想再看

v. 阻碍议事,妨碍,[体]打防守球

联想记忆
senator ['senətə]

想一想再看

n. 参议员

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。