Wow, I'm gonna take a page from my good friend Charles Barkley and say, "This is awesome!"
喔,我要模仿一下我的好朋友查尔斯·巴克利:“这感觉真是太爽了!”
I will get to you guys in a minute, but first I like to thank Jerry Colangelo and the Hall of Fame selection committee.
我马上会说到你们,但首先我要感谢杰里·科朗格洛和名人堂甄选委员会。
I don't take moments like this for granted.
我不认为这样的时刻是理所当然的。
I am so honored to be a part of this great evening with all these great players.
我很荣幸能和这些伟大的球员们一起度过这个美好的夜晚。
I'd also like to congratulate the 2012 Class,
我也要恭喜2012级的名人堂入选者们,
it's special for me because I'm going in with two men I grew up basically admiring so much.
这对我来说很特别,因为我要和两位我从小到大都非常欣赏的人一起入选。
Jamaal, from your days at UCLA, and with the Lakers, so many times in the backyard, trying to emulate that shot.
贾马尔,从你在加州大学洛杉矶分校以及为湖人队效力的时候,我就开始在我自家的后院里模仿你的投篮。
Every coach and players trying to change my form, and I would always tell them, "Look at Silk."
每个教练和球员都试图改变我的姿势,但是我会跟他们说:“那你们看看Silk(贾马尔的绰号)是怎么投篮的吧。”
So congratulations to you and thank you.
祝贺你,同时也要谢谢你。
And we saw the video before I called my uncle. Uncle Mel Daniels.
在我给我的叔叔打电话之前,我们一起看了视频。梅尔·丹尼尔斯叔叔。
Mel was a second face I saw when I was drafted in 1987, and I'm here to say this.
我要说的是,梅尔是我在1987年被选中之后见到的第二个人。
Without him, Roger Brown, "Slick" Leonard, and those great ABA Pacers, they set the standard for what all Indiana Pacer teams have achieved.
是他、罗杰·布朗、“Slick”伦纳德和一众伟大的ABA时期的步行者队队员们,为后来的印第安纳步行者队所取得的成绩设定了标准。
So CC Mel, congratulations to you as well.
所以,同样要恭喜你,“CC”梅尔。
I'm sure you guys are wondering why these three, obviously, it takes a village,
我相信你们一定想知道,为什么这儿站了三个人,有点儿兴师动众哈,
but I've known Charles for almost 20 years, and I actually met him at Magic's first Midsummer's Game at Pauley Pavilion when I was a senior.
我和查尔斯·巴克利已经相识快20年了,首次见面是在“魔术师”约翰逊于Pauley Pavilion体育馆举办的第一届Midsummer's Game,当时我还是个大四的学生。
And you fast forward, 10 years later, we're winning gold for our country in Atlanta.
时间快进到10年之后,我们俩一起在亚特兰大为我们的国家赢下了金牌。
I really do appreciate your friendship for over the years.
我真的很珍惜多年来你我之间的友谊。
And Magic, the first day I stepped onto the UCLA campus, you, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, took me underneath your wing.
“魔术师”约翰逊,我第一天迈入加州大学洛杉矶分校大门时,你、拜伦·斯科特、迈克尔·库帕就对我关照有加。
And you introduced me to the Breakfast Club, getting up early, getting our shots up, running the track stadium.
并且你把“早餐俱乐部”介绍给了我,每天早起,投篮,绕着体育场跑步。
But I will say this about Magic.
但是我要吐槽一下“魔术师”约翰逊。
Magic taught me how to lie and cheat. And let me explain.
是“魔术师”约翰逊教会我如何撒谎和作弊的。我来解释一下。
For those of you, and there's a lot that are in the audience,
对于坐在观众席中的各位,
if you've ever played Magic in a pick-up game, and you are on the opposing team, and the game is tied,
如果你曾经和“魔术师”约翰逊一起打过野球,而且你和他是对手,比分又正好打平,
you have no shot of winning that game, right? Right, Bill?
那你是没有机会赢下比赛的,对吧?是这样吧,比尔?
But as a freshman, he was lying and cheating to us all the time,
当我们是菜鸟的时候,他一直在撒谎、欺骗我们,
but 25 years later, Buck, you were teaching me win by any means necessary, so thank you.
但是25年之后,Buck,你还在教我要不择手段的争取胜利,所以谢谢你。
Obviously, basketball is a team game, I cannot name all the teammates I've had over 25 plus years,
显然,篮球是一项团队运动,我无法说出25多年来我所有队友的名字,
but what I can do is, if any of them actually made the trek here to the hall,
但是我能做的是,如果他们中有人长途跋涉赶到了这里,
can you please stand up, so I can give you a standing ovation for those who played with me.
能否请你们起立,这样我就可以为你们这些和我一起打过球的人起立鼓掌。