Thank you very much. Coach, it's hard to believe we've made it this far.
谢谢大家。教练,很难相信我们走到了这一步。
I gotta say without you in my life, I would not be staying here tonight.
我得说,如果我的生命中没有你,我今晚就不会站在这里了。
You taught me so much, how to win with humility, and how to lose with dignity, and how to respect the game.
你教会了我很多,比如如何谦逊地赢,如何有尊严地输,以及如何尊重比赛。
The thing I cherish the most is our relationship over the last 36 years, thank you.
可我最珍惜的,是我们这36年来的关系,谢谢你。
Looking out, I realize I'm a long way from Flatbush Ave.
向外望去,我发觉我离弗拉特布什大街很远。
But Brooklyn's definitely in the house tonight.
但布鲁克林的人们今晚肯定待在家里。
I'm so lucky to have my family here with me tonight,
我很幸运今晚能和家人在一起,
my siblings, my oldest sister, Kathy, and my three brothers, Roddy, John and Terrence.
我的兄弟姐妹们,我的大姐凯西,我的三个兄弟,罗迪、约翰和特伦斯。
And although our parents are no longer here,
虽然我们的父母已经不在了,
I feel their presence in my life every single day, and I dedicate this honor to them.
但我每天都能感受到他们的存在,我要把这个荣誉献给他们。
Also here tonight to my biggest fans, the nuns.
今晚我最忠实的粉丝,两位修女,她们也在。
My aunt Catherine, who turns 90 tomorrow, and sister Mercedes, they've been watching my game since I was eight years old.
我姑姑凯瑟琳明天就90岁了,还有修女梅塞德斯,从我8岁起,她们就一直在看我的比赛。
I thank you for your prayers and divine intervention.
我感谢你们的祈祷和神之干预。
At my age, when you still know you have two 90-year-old nuns praying for you, you know, life is very good.
在我这个年纪,当你还知道有两个90岁的修女在为你祈祷时,你会发现生活是很美好的。
Growing up in New York City gave me some tremendous advantages as a basketball player.
作为一名篮球运动员,在纽约长大带给了我巨大的优势。
I had two wonderful coaches at a young age, Jack Alesi and Lou Piccola, they're here tonight.
我小的时候就遇到了两个很棒的教练,杰克·阿莱西和卢·皮克拉,他们今晚也在这里。
And they taught me the fundamentals of the game, and gave me the confidence to go anywhere in the city and play against anybody at any time.
他们教会了我篮球的基本功,给了我在任何时候,在这个城市的任何地方与任何人对抗的信心。
When is it time to choose a college, it was an easy choice.
当我要选择一所大学的时候,一切都很容易。
I packed the bag, and went twelve miles down the Belt Parkway, and went to St. John's University.
我收拾好行李,沿着贝尔特公园路走了12英里,去了圣约翰大学。
I chose the best coach in the best city, and I played in the world's most famous arena.
我在最好的城市选择了最好的教练,在世界上最著名的体育馆打球。
And I got to play with some of New York city's greatest players of all time,
当时我和纽约史上最伟大的一些球员一起打球,
Mark Jackson, David Russell, and Walter Berry, both here tonight, all three tonight, I thank you being here guys.
比如马克·杰克逊,大卫·拉塞尔和沃尔特·贝瑞,他们三位今天都在这里,谢谢你们,我的老伙计们。
The Big East Conference provided us with incredible competition and great rivalries.
大东联盟带给我们难以置信的竞争和强大的对手。
It was a great time to be a college basketball player.
成为大学篮球运动员,那段时光真是太美好了。
And with great teammates, come great success, and we held our own. Thanks to Dave Gavitt and St. John's university.
有伟大的队友在身旁,我们取得了巨大的成功,坚持到了最后。感谢戴夫·加维特教练和圣约翰大学。