In a Jam 事情搞得一团糟,陷入困境
I'm in a real jam here; I don't know what to do.
我现在真的头大了,不知道该怎么做。
Red Tape 繁文缛节;官僚作风
I'm going to have to cut through a lot of red tape to get a passport in time for my trip.
我得跨过重重关卡才能及时拿到我的护照,赶上旅行。
Between a rock and a hard place 进退两难
Neither option is good; I'm between a rock and a hard place.
两个选项都不好,我现在进退两难。
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 做也不是,不做也不是。
I'm in trouble either way. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.
我怎么做都麻烦。做也不是,不做也不是。
You've got your work cut out (做某事)可能有困难
There's so much to do;you really have your work cut out for you.
要做的太多了,你可能真的得克服重重障碍。
Jump over hurdles 克服困难
I'm going to have to jump over many hurdles to get this finished by tomorrow.
我要克服各种困难才能在明天之前完成。
Jump through hoops (为达到目的而)经受磨难
They really had me jumping through hoops at work yesterday.
他们昨天真得折磨得我很惨。
A devil of a job 非常困难的工作
It's a devil of a job to clean this place.
把这里打扫干净真的太难了。
A hard nut to crack 棘手的问题;难对付的人
She's a real hard nut to crack.
她是一个很难对付的人。