Wow, couple things I said I wasn't gonna do, I wasn't gonna talk long and I wasn't gonna cry, but I...
哇,我之前说了有很多事情我不想的,我不想发言时间太长,我不想哭,但是...
Charles I lost the bet. And you was responsible for the towel too -- I want you to know that.
查尔斯,打赌我输了。不过你得为这条毛巾负责,我希望你清楚这一点。
Well, I just want to say that I'm, I'm very honored, very respect for the Naismith Hall of Fame.
我想说,我此刻感到非常荣幸,我对奈史密斯名人堂也深怀敬意。
This is not anything that I planned.
这并不在我的计划之中。
I want to thank my wife, and my children for riding that journey with.
我要感谢我的妻子和孩子们,陪我一起度过这段旅程。
I realize being up here that I'm very humble, and I didn't make this journey alone.
我知道站在这里,我很渺小,我也并不是独自一人踏上这段旅程的。
And, kind of bittersweet, but I say that to the end,
可谓苦乐参半,我最后再去说这个,
I just want to say to all the members of the Hall of Fame, before me, be after me, I'm honored.
我只想对名人堂的所有成员说,不管是在我之前的,还是在我之后的,我都深感荣幸。
I think if you talk to any Hall of Famer here,
我想,如果你和这里的任意一位名人堂成员交流,
I don't think anybody would tell you that they went to bed every night saying, "I'm going to be in the Hall of Fame."
我觉得不会有谁会告诉你,他们每晚睡觉前会说“我要进入名人堂。”
Guys worked hard, got dedicated themself. And I'm a living witness being from Summerfield, Louisiana.
他们只会努力工作,全身心投入其中。我就是一个来自路易斯安那州萨穆菲尔德的见证人。
I want to thank the NBA for giving this little snotty-nosed kid from Louisiana opportunity to play the game.
我也要感谢NBA,给了这个来自路易斯安那州的小鼻涕虫打篮球比赛的机会。
I hope I did it the way my peers did it before me. I didn't do anything but try to play hard.
我希望我是按照我前辈们的方式去做的。我除了努力打球,别的什么也没有做。
I think it's known that I love the outdoors. I love to hunt.
我想大家都知道我喜欢户外活动。我喜爱打猎。
And when you're out there in the field, everything gotta be a line, just perfect.
当你在野外的时候,所有东西都要排成一条线,要完美才行。
So for me to be here tonight, everything had to be perfect.
所以今晚我来到这里,一切也要完美才行。
I had to be get drafted by Utah, had to play with a point guard like John Stockton,
我必须被犹他选中,必须和一个像约翰·斯托克顿一样的控球后卫打球,
had to be coached by Jerry Sloan and Frank Layden.
必须在杰里·斯隆和弗兰克·雷登手下打球。
And, Mr. Dave Checketts is here, thank you.
还有在场的戴夫·切基茨,谢谢你。