Now, why, why would we want to run such a sophisticated operating system on a mobile device?
为什么我们要在移动设备上运行如此复杂的操作系统?
Well, because it's got everything we need.
因为它有我们需要的一切。
It's got multi-tasking. It's got the best networking.
它能多任务。它有最好的网络功能。
It already knows how to power manage. We've been doing this on mobile computers for years.
它已经知道如何管理电源。我们在移动电脑上已经做了很多年了。
It's got awesome security. And the right apps.
它的安全性很好。搭载很好的应用程序。
It's got everything from Cocoa and the graphics and it's got core animation built in and it's got the audio and video that OS X is famous for.
它有Cocoa、图像技术、内置的核心动画,还有OS X赖以成名的音视频技术。
It's got all the stuff we want. And it's built right in to iPhone.
它有我们想要的所有东西。现在这已经内置在iPhone中。
And that has let us create desktop class applications and networking. Right?
这让我们可以创建桌面级的应用程序和网络。对吧?
Not the crippled stuff that you find on most phones. This is real, desktop-class applications.
不是你在大多数手机上看到的残废的东西。这是真正的桌面级应用程序。
Now, you know, one of the pioneers of our industry, Alan Kay, has had a lot of great quotes throughout the years,
我们这个行业的先驱者之一,艾伦·凯,这些年来有很多很著名的话,
and I ran across one of them recently that explains how we look at this,
我最近恰好看到了其中一句,可以解释我们的看法,
explains why we go about doing things the way we do, because we love software.
解释了为什么我们要按照我们的方式做事,因为我们热爱软件。
And here's the quote: "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware."
这句话是这样的:“真正重视软件的人,应该制造自己的硬件。”
Alan said that 30 years ago, and this is how we feel about it.
这是艾伦30年前说的,而这就是我们的感受。
And so we're bringing breakthrough software to a mobile device for the first time.
因此,我们首次将突破性的软件应用到移动设备上。
It's five years ahead of anything on any other phone.
这要比比其他任何手机都早5年的时间。