手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED-Ed教育演讲 > 正文

你能解开巨猫军队之谜吗

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The villainous Dr. Schrodinger has developed a growth ray and intends to create an army of giant cats to terrorize the city.

邪恶博士薛定谔发明了一种生长射线,他意图制造一支巨猫军队,造成市民恐慌。
Your team of secret agents has tracked him to his underground lab.
你所在的秘密特工小队跟踪薛定谔博士来到他的地下实验室。
You burst in to find... that it's a trap!
你们经过深入调查,却发现这是个陷阱!
Dr. Schrodinger has slipped into the next room to activate his device and disabled the control panel on the way out.
薛定谔博士已经到隔壁房间激活了他的装置,他破坏了撤出路线的控制板。
Fortunately, your teammates are masters of spy-craft.
幸运的是,你的团队成员都是间谍大师。
Agent Delta has hacked into the control panel and managed to reactivate some of its functionality.
德尔塔特工黑入了控制面板,成功激活了部分功能。
Meanwhile, Agent Epsilon has searched through surveillance to find the code for the door: 2, 10, 14.
与此同时,艾普西龙特工查看了监控录像,发现了开门的密码:2,10和14。
All you have to do is enter those numbers and you'll be free. But there's a problem.
你只需要输入这些数字就可以获得自由。但还有一个问题。
The control panel has only three buttons: one which adds 5 to the display number, one which adds 7, and one which takes the square root.
控制面板只有三个按键,一个是给显示屏上的数字加5,另一个是加7,最后一个则是开平方。
You need to make the display output the numbers 2, 10, and 14, in that order.
你需要让显示器按顺序出现2,10,14这三个数字。
It's okay if it outputs different numbers in between, but there's no way to reset the display,
在两个目标数字之间可以出现其他数字,但是无法重置输入过程,
so once you get to 2, you'll have to continue on to 10 and 14 from there.
因此,一旦你得到了2,你需要在此基础上继续输入直到得到10和14。
Not only that, Agent Delta explains that there are other traps built into the panel.
德尔塔特工说规则不仅如此,控制面板中还设置了其他陷阱。
If it ever shows the same number more than once, a number greater than 60, or a non-whole number, the room will explode.
如果重复出现了同样的数字,或是数字大于60,再或者出现了非整数,这个房间就都会爆炸。
Right now, the display reads zero, and time is running out.
现在,显示屏上的数字是0,而时间所剩无几。
There's only one way to solve the puzzle, with a few small variations.
这道题目的解答方法只有一种且变化很少。
How will you input the code to escape from Dr. Schrodinger's lair and save the day?
为了逃离薛定谔博士的实验室并拯救城市,你将如何输入密码?
You look over your options. Adding 5 or 7 increases the number, and the square root button will make it smaller.
你思考着对策。加5或加7会让数字增加,而平方根会让数字变小。
But there are only a few options where you can use that button: 4 9 16 25, 36, and 49.
但使用平方根的机会很少,只有4,9,16,25,36,49。
You'd love to make 4 or 16. Then you could hit the square root button once or twice to get 2.
你希望能得到4或是16。然后开一次或两次根号就可以得到2。
But you can't make either with just the 5 and 7 buttons. What will you do?
但这两个数字都没办法用加5和加7获得。这该如何是好?

你能解开巨猫军队之谜吗

You look at the other possible options for numbers you could take the square root of.

你尝试想出其他的对策得出可以开方的数字。
Nine you can't reach. Twenty-five and 49 would take you back to 5 or 7, and you can already get to each of those.
9是无法得出的。25和49会让你得到5和7,但你本来就可以得到这两个数字。
Thirty-six is your only option. You add 5, 7, 5, 7, 5, 7, and then hit the square root button.
36成了你唯一的选择。你先加5,再加7,再加5,再加7,再加5,再加7,然后敲下开平方的按键。
Why that series of 5s and 7s?
为什么以这个顺序加5和加7呢?
It's somewhat arbitrary, but you know that you want to avoid 10, 14, and perfect squares, since you'll need them later.
看上去是随机的,但是你需要避开10,14和完全平方数,毕竟你之后还要用到它们。
This gets you to 6. Does that help?
这下你得到了6。这有用么?
Looking at your options, you see that 16 is now in your sights. You add 5 twice more to reach it.
再思考一下,你发现16这个数字变得唾手可得。通过两次加5就可以得到。
Then hit square root twice. That gets you to 2. You're on your way!
然后开平方两次。就得到了2。进展不错!
Now to 10. You can't get straight there through addition alone, so you're going to have to reach another square.
下一个目标数字是10。你无法通过加法直接得到这个数字,因此你还是要先得到某个完全平方数。
Taking the square root of 9 or 25 would get you to a good place, but it turns out that 25 is unreachable from 2.
对9和25开根号会带来不错的结果,但是无法从2得到25。
So you add 7 to get to 9, then take the square root again.
所以你在2的基础上加7得到9,然后开根号。
That gets you to 3. Adding 7 again makes 10. Finally, you need to reach 14.
这就得到了3。再加7得到10。最后的目标数字是14。
Thinking backwards, you imagine where you could be before 14: 7 or 9.
通过逆向思考,设想在14之前可以得到的数字有哪些?7或是9。
But 9 won't work because you've already used 9.
但是不能选9,因为9已经出现过一次。
However, you could get to 7 by reaching 49 first.
但是你可以通过对49开根号得到7。
You add your way towards it, being careful not to hit any of the numbers you've hit so far.
你通过加法试图得到49,要小心不重复之前出现过的数字。
You thread your way carefully, adding five 5s and two 7s.
你小心翼翼,加上5个5和2个7。
Then, square root to 7, and add 7 more.
然后开根号得到7,再加7。
The door opens, and you're out of the trap.
门开了,你们成功脱困。
Thanks to your problem-solving skills, your team gets Schrodinger's cats out of the box in the nick of time.
由于你出色的问题解决能力,你的小队在最后一刻抓到了薛定谔的猫。
As for Schrodinger, you can be certain of one thing: he'll be spending quite some time in a box of his own.
至于薛定谔,你可以确定的是,他要在自己的盒子里待上好一段时间了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
delta ['deltə]

想一想再看

n. (河流的)三角洲

 
device [di'vais]

想一想再看

n. 装置,设计,策略,设备

 
puzzle ['pʌzl]

想一想再看

n. 谜,难题,迷惑
vt. 使困惑,使为难<

 
arbitrary ['ɑ:bitrəri]

想一想再看

adj. 任意的,专制的,武断的,霸道的

联想记忆
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
burst [bə:st]

想一想再看

n. 破裂,阵,爆发
v. 爆裂,迸发

 
addition [ə'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 增加,附加物,加法

联想记忆
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。