You wrote his part on "Schitt's Creek".
你给他编写的《富家穷路》中的角色。
I did.
是的。
How similar is that persona with his real-life one?
这个角色和他现实生活中的样子有多相似?
I would say there's a lot of similarities.
有很多相似之处。
He does not like getting his hair wet.
他不喜欢把头发弄湿。
So obviously in the first season of our show I wrote a scene where his hair gets wet.
很明显在第一季中,我写了一个他头发湿了的场景。
It's what you do to your family.
这就是你对家人所做的事。
Dan.
丹。
Now everyone in the show is individually so funny.
现在剧中的每人都很有趣。
They are indeed.
确实是。
Who is often the first to crack up?
谁经常是第一个崩溃的人?
I would say me.
我想是我。
And then, I built it into my character.
然后我把它融入到我的角色中去。
I feel like David laughs a lot at people.
我觉得大卫经常嘲笑别人。
And that's just my way of blurring the lines between my unprofessionalism and his eccentricities.
这只是我模糊我的非专业性和他的古怪之间界限的方式。
Now, you once described "Schitt's Creek" as being a celebration of love.
你曾把《富家穷路》形容为爱的庆典。
And rather than just a comedy a drama with comedic elements.
它不仅是一部喜剧,更是一部带有喜剧元素的剧集。
That is, you have done your research.
也就是说,你做过研究。
wow.
哇。
Would you change that?
你想换种叫法吗?
No, I think that is the most accurate description I have heard so far.
不,我想这是我听过的最准确的描述。
What's something you learned recently that really impressed you or blew your mind?
你最近学了什么让你印象深刻或者让你大吃一惊的东西?
How cashews are made.
腰果是怎么做出来的。
They're not made they're actually grown on trees.
它们不是造出来的,实际上是长在树上的。
Anyway, Google it it's crazy.
不管怎么说,网上搜一下,太疯狂了。
Okay.
好的。
What are you currently excited about in life right now?
你现在对生活中的什么感到兴奋?
Figuring out what my next show is going to be and also, I have a little.
我想知道我要演的下一个剧是什么。
I've been working on something and I guess Vogue is the place to show it to.
我一直在弄一些东西,我想《时尚》是展示它的地方。
Oh, saving it for Vogue that's smart.
哦,留到《时尚》杂志上去发布,聪明。
Uh-oh, I'm nervous.
我很紧张。
What's your favorite book?
你最喜欢的书是什么?
It's a long-form poem called "Autobiography of Red".
是一首长诗,名叫《绝望的牢笼》。
Right, what's your favorite pizza?
好吧,你最喜欢的披萨是什么?
Pepperoni, double cheese.
意大利香肠,双层奶酪。
Do you have any regrets, Dan?
你有什么感到后悔的事吗,丹?
I feel like regrets are a waste of time.
我觉得后悔是浪费时间。
What was the last thing that made you cry?
最近让你哭泣的一件事是什么?
Shooting the last episode of our entire series.
拍摄整个剧集的最后一集。
What was the last thing that made you cry from laughing?
最近让你笑出眼泪的事是什么?
Shooting the last episode of our entire series.
拍摄我们整个系列的最后一集。
And when was the last time you were surprised?
你最后一次感到惊讶是什么时候?
When we got our Emmy nominations.
我们获得艾美奖提名时。
What do you want to be remembered for?
你想因为什么而被人们记住?
I guess having done some good.
我做了些好事。
Wow, take a look at that.
哇,看看这个。
Uh-oh, I don't know.
哦,我不知道。
I don't know what these are.
我不知道这些是什么。
Those look cool.
看起来很酷。
Don't look too closely they're just samples.
别看得太仔细,它们只是样品。
But it's a little project I've been working on.
但这是我一直在做的一个小项目。
Well, I want a pair of those.
我想要一副。
Mm-hm.
嗯。
Now, you've been lauded for how you present queer stories.
现在,人们因为你展示怪诞故事的方式夸赞你。
How does that make you feel?
你感觉如何?
Very grateful to have been given the opportunity to do that.
非常感谢有机会能这么做。
What's been the most surprising response from telling those stories?
讲述这些故事时,获得的最令人惊讶的反应是什么?
Probably the letters that we've received from people who have told us that the show has changed their relationships with their family and friends for the better and has made them more confident people.
可能是我们收到的一些人的来信,他们告诉我们,这部剧集改变了他们与家人和朋友的关系,让他们变得更加自信。
That's incredible.
太不可思议了。
It's amazing.
太神奇了。
You are someone who has proclaimed they love Japan.
你是一个宣称喜爱日本的人。
Yes.
是的。
So, this is correct?
那么,这是真的吗?
Verified, that is a fact.
没错,这就是事实。
Now, what do you love most about Japan as a country and culture?
日本作为一个国家和一种文化,你最喜欢它什么?
I feel like when you're there you feel like you're trapped between the past, the present, and the future and that's pretty magical.
我觉得在日本时,会感觉自己陷在过去、现在和未来之间,这很神奇。
And what's something you always, without fail, have to buy when you're there?
你在日本时,总要买什么东西?
Glasses.
眼镜。
Which is why I wanna--I'm gonna try them on.
我要试戴一下。
I just wanna see which one works best for you.
我只想看看哪副最适合你。
Let's see how I look.
看看我看戴起来怎么样。
We might have to do this fitting a little later but I would go with a sunglass, I think, if I were to do anything.
我们可能要晚一点再试这幅眼镜,但我想,可以选这副太阳镜试试。
Yeah?
是啊?
Yeah, we'll try them later.
好的,我们待会儿再试。
Yeah, we'll figure it out.
好的,我们会弄清楚。
But if I had 24 hours to spend in Japan, what one store, bar, or restaurant should I have to hit?
但如果我要在日本度过24小时,我该去哪家商店、酒吧或餐厅?
Okay, store, I would pick up something from Kapital with a K it's very special.
商店的话,我会从Kapital买点东西,它的名字是K开头,很特别。
Bar, JBS which is a little record bar and Bar Trench which is sort of a feels like Sweeney Todd England or something.
酒吧的话,JBS是一个小型唱片酒吧,Bar Trench有点像Sweeney Todd England这种酒吧。
And restaurant, there's a little dumpling place in Harajuku.
餐馆嘛,在原宿有一个小饺子店。
If you just look up best dumplings in Harajuku you will find that place but it is extraordinary.
如果要在原宿找最好吃的饺子,就是那了,它很与众不同。
And they have the most amazing cucumber salad I have ever eaten.
他们那有我吃过最棒的黄瓜沙拉。
Nice, and I just brought you to a place to the last question.
不错,最后一个问题了。
Talking about food, 'cause the last question I have for you Dan.
说到食物,我有最后一个问题要问你,丹。
This has been great.
太棒了。
Can I have some of those pancakes 'cause I haven't eaten all day?
我一整天都没吃东西,能吃点那些薄饼吗?
First of all, we are not eating on camera for Vogue, and second of all, that is an order for one, sir.
首先,我们不为《时尚》杂志拍摄吃东西的镜头。其次,这个是别人订的,先生。
So, no you cannot.
所以,你不能吃。
Oh.
哦。
I'm very grateful you were here though, sorry.
不过我很感激你来这儿,对不起。
Fine, I'll take it.
没事,我能接受。
All right, thanks so much, Dan.
好吧,非常感谢,丹。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
This has been really ,really cool.
这真的很酷。
Bye.
拜。
Bye.
拜。