手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

查尔斯·巴克利的篮球名人堂演讲(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Next stop, Philadelphia.

下一站,费城。
I really wanna thank the 76ers organization, Harold Katz, those guys,
我真的要感谢76人队,以及哈罗德·卡茨,
my first pro coach, Billy Cunningham, he's already in the Hall of Fame.
还有我的第一位职业教练,比利·坎宁安,他已经进入名人堂了。
But I wanna give a special thank to some players I play with.
但我想特别感谢几位和我一起打过球的球员。
I always tell people the most influential person in my career is Moses.
我总是告诉人们,在我的职业生涯中,最有影响力的人是摩西·马龙。
Because he got me in shape and taught me how to work hard.
因为他让我保持了体型,教会了我如何努力打球。
I asked him early in my rookie year, "Why am I not getting to play?"
在我的菜鸟赛季初期,我问他:“为什么我打上球的机会不多呢?”
After I got over the fat and lazy thing, he got, you know, I saw it took me a little bit to get over that.
在我摆脱了肥胖和懒惰之后,我觉得我确实是花了一点点时间才克服的这个问题。
He got me in shape, and I always give him great credit for that.
是他让我保持的体型,我一直都非常信任他。
And I wanna thank Doc also.
另外我还要感谢J博士。
I really wanted three guys up here tonight, but Dominique stole Doc from me.
今晚我真想让三个人站上来,但多米尼克偷走了我的J博士。
But Doc, these guys, taught me how to be a man.
但是J博士,还有这些人,教会了我怎样成为一个男人。
Doc, Moses, Clemon Johnson, Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks, Clint Richardson, and Bobby Jones, and Billy Cunningham,
J博士、摩西·马龙、克莱蒙·约翰逊、安德鲁·托尼、莫里斯·吉克斯、克林特·理查森、鲍比·琼斯,还有比利·坎宁安,
they taught me how to be a man.
是他们教会了我怎样成为一个男人。
I owe those guys a great deal of gratitude.
我非常非常感激他们。

查尔斯·巴克利的篮球名人堂演讲

One of the problems I've always... when you come into the NBA today, the oldest guy on your team now is like 25.

有一个问题要直面,那就是当你在今天进入NBA的时候,你球队里最老的球员大概是25岁。
So he don't know anything at 25, I appreciate all these guys were over 30.
25岁的年纪他根本什么都不知道,所以我很庆幸我说的这些家伙那时都超过30岁了。
They treated me fantastic. They taught me how to work hard, get in shape.
他们待我很好。他们会教我如何努力工作,保持体形。
They told me financial advice, how to save my money.
他们会给我理财建议,告诉我如何存钱。
I tell all these young kids, "The money you make, save it, put it in the bank.
因此,我会告诉所有的孩子,“你挣的钱要存起来,存到银行里。
But that money has to last you the rest of your lifetime. Don't waste it."
这些钱必须要支持完你的余生。不要挥霍。”
And I thank you guys for helping me become a man.
谢谢你们帮助我成长为一个真正的男人。
Also in Philly, my two favorite teammates, Mike Gminski, he's here tonight.
同样是在费城,我遇到了我最爱的两个队友,其中一个是麦克·戈明斯基,他今晚就在这里。
I wanna thank him for just being just a great friend.
我想感谢他,因为他真的是一个很好的朋友。
Rick Mahorn is not here. He's in the WNBA Finals.
还有里克·马洪,他不在这里。他的球队打进了WNBA的决赛。
So I just wanted to acknowledge those two guys.
我就是想感谢一下这两个人。
I know I'm going to miss some people, but I just, I'm trying if I see you, I'll tell you "thank you" later.
我知道我会漏掉一些人,但如果我看到你,我会晚些时候跟你说声“谢谢”的。
Also in Philadelphia, I met a great woman. This woman, she's the insane.
还是在费城,我遇到了一位超棒的女士。这位女士,简直就是个疯子。
That you can put up with me all these years, I, I know y'all made nothing. I'm not easy to get along with.
这么多年来你能一直容忍我,我知道你们都做不到。我可不是一个容易相处的家伙。
But I just wanna give a special thanks to my wife, who has been there for the last 20 years.
我想特别感谢我的妻子,她在我身边陪伴了20年。
She's the nicest person I've ever met in my life.
她是我这辈子见过的最好的人。
And it was a lot of stuff she had to deal with when I got arrested six or seven times.
当我被逮捕六、七次时,她不得不处理很多事情。
I was always acquitted. You know, you know, when I got arrested, it was always in big letters.
可我总是被宣判无罪。你们知道的,当我被捕时,总是用大写字母来报道。
When I got acquitted, it was always in... look.
可当我被宣判无罪时,报道的字就这么大了。
And that's how it works in Philadelphia.
在费城就是这个样子。
And she, she has been there. And she's, she's just a fantastic person. I just wanna thank her for support.
她一直就陪伴着我。她是个很棒的人。我想对她的支持表示感谢。
And she gave me my greatest gift, and that's my daughter.
而且她还送给了我最棒的礼物,那就是我的女儿。
And I wanna thank my daughter personally for not dating,
我要感谢我的女儿没有约会,
because I probably wouldn't been here tonight because I would have been in jail for killing somebody.
因为那样我今晚可能就不会在这里了,我可能会因杀了人而去坐牢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gratitude ['grætitju:d]

想一想再看

n. 感恩之心

联想记忆
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
influential [.influ'enʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 有权势的,有影响的
n. 有影响力的

 
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
acknowledge [ək'nɔlidʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 承认,公认,告知收到,表示感谢,注意到

联想记忆
rookie ['ruki]

想一想再看

n. 新手

联想记忆
jail [dʒeil]

想一想再看

n. 监牢,监狱,拘留所
vt. 监禁,下狱

 
credit ['kredit]

想一想再看

n. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。