Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Thanks for joining me on the show today, Susie.
罗布:苏西,谢谢你今天来上我的节目。
Susie: Thanks for inviting me, Rob.
苏西:谢谢你邀请我,罗布。
Rob: Let's talk about inventions.
罗布:我们来谈谈发明吧。
Susie: Sure. History is full of great inventions.
苏西:好的。历史上有许多伟大的发明。
Rob: Which is your favorite?
罗布:你最喜欢哪一项发明?
Susie: My favorite invention is the washing machine.
苏西:我最喜欢的发明是洗衣机。
Rob: Why?
罗布:为什么?
Susie: Washing machines make life easier.
苏西:洗衣机让人生变得容易许多。
Rob: Before washing machines, people washed their dirty clothes by hand.
罗布:在洗衣机发明之前,大家都必须用手洗脏衣服。
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: Many inventions help people save time.
阿莱克斯:许多发明都帮助我们节省了时间。
Rob: What is your favorite invention, Alex?
罗布:阿莱克斯,你最喜欢哪一项发明?
Alex: I like airplanes, I can fly to Taipei in less than a day.
阿莱克斯:我喜欢飞机,因为飞机可以让我不用一天的时间就飞到台北。
Rob: That's right. Before airplanes, traveling took a long time.
罗布:没错。在飞机出现之前,旅行需要花许多时间。
Alex: So what's your favorite invention?
阿莱克斯:那你最喜欢的发明是什么?
Rob: I love tablets. They are very useful.
罗布:我喜欢平板电脑。平板电脑非常有用。
Alex: You can read books, listen to music, and surf the internet.
阿莱克斯:你可以用平板看书、听音乐以及上网。