I remember loving football from day one.
我记得我从第一天就爱上了橄榄球。
I wrote this a long time ago.
这是我很久之前写的了。
I don't know how old I was.
我不记得那时我多大了。
I hope some day I will be on a real football team.
我希望有一天我能加入一支真正的橄榄球球队。
I'm Katie Sowers. Offensive Assistant Coach for the San Francisco 49ers.
我是凯蒂·索沃斯。旧金山49人队进攻助教。
I always knew I wanted to be a coach. My dad was a coach.
我一直清楚自己想成为一名教练。我爸爸就是一名教练。
I never saw an opportunity in football because I'd never seen a female coach before.
我觉得在橄榄球界机会渺茫,因为我以前从来没有见过一名女性教练。
Let's run it again, run it again! Let's go.
我们再跑一遍,再跑一遍!来吧。
People tell me that people aren't ready to have a woman lead.
有人告诉我,人们还没有准备好让女性领导。
But these guys have been learning from women their whole lives. Moms, grandmas, teachers.
但其实人们一生都是在向女性学习。从妈妈那里、奶奶那里、老师那里。
Then the shovel comes as a first read.
然后就可以用低手拨传了。
We have all these assumptions about what women do in life and what men do.
我们对女性和男性在生活中做什么,都有各种假设。
I'm glad my daughter is old enough to see this and understand how significant it is.
我很高兴我的女儿已经足够成熟,可以见证这一刻并且能够理解它的重要性。
I'm not trying to be the best female coach. I'm trying to be the best coach.
我不想只是成为最好的女性教练。我想成为的是最好的教练。
There we go! Exactly!
我们开始吧!没问题的!
All it takes is one. All it takes is one. And then it opens the door for so many.
只需要一个人。只需要一个人。然后这扇门就会为许多人打开了。