We were minute away from taking off and that was a baby who stopped breathing.
当时离起飞已经只有几分钟了,一个婴儿却突然没有呼吸了。
What went through my mind was, "what was the cause of the distress?"
我当时想的就是:“是什么原因造成这一危难的?”
"And how do I start emergency measures?"
“我该怎么开始急救?”
Working together as a team, very fortunately, the baby was stabilized and we managed to take off.
好在,在我们大家的共同努力下,小宝宝逐渐稳定了下来,我们也顺利起飞了。
My name is Ann Sim.
我叫沈安,
I'm a Singapore Airlines cabin crew.
是新加坡航空公司的一名乘务员,
I've also a volunteer medic.
同时也是一名志愿医生。
This great big story is by Singapore Airlines.
感谢新加坡航空公司对本期伟大的故事的大力支持。
I always enjoy being challenged and be constantly on the move.
我一直都很喜欢挑战自我,喜欢不断前进,
I want to keep learning, keep growing and to experience more.
不断学习,不断成长,不断丰富自己的人生体验。
And flying gave me that opportunity.
飞行恰好就为我提供了一个这样的机会。
When I'm not flying, I volunteer with the Singapore Civil Defence Force Auxiliary Unit, as a volunteer medic.
不飞的时候,我就在新加坡民防部队(SCDF)附属单位当志愿医生。
And I have been living this double life for about 7 years.
这样的双面人生我已经过了7年了。
Every 12-hour shift is unpredictable because all emergencies are different.
我们12个小时为一班,每次轮班的情况都是无法预知的,因为每次的紧急情况都不一样。
As a volunteer medic, I follow the ambulance with the SCDF officers and the day will start when the emergency calls come.
作为一名志愿医生,我的工作就是和SCDF的官员一起跟救护车,什么时候有紧急电话打进来就什么时候开始工作。
12 years ago I wanted to be a nurse because I wanted to help people, to make a difference in their lives.
12年前我就想当一名护士,因为我想助人为乐,想让大家的生活有所改善。
SCDF actually gave me this opportunity to contribute back to the society with my skills.
SCDF算是给了我这样一个用我自己的技能回馈社会的机会吧。
Volunteering allows me to keep in touch with the medical world.
志愿者这份工作能够让我继续保持与医学界的联系。
Being a medic, every second, every minute counts because this is life and death.
做医生的,每一分每一秒都很重要,因为都是生死攸关的事情。
As a cabin crew, it is of a slower pace, more graceful and elegant.
空乘的节奏就比较慢,也更优雅、更精致一些。
Because of my medical background,
因为有医学背景,
I can pick up details better and makes me more aware that simple things that we do makes people feel good.
所以我有很强的细节感知能力,这也让我更深刻地感觉到,我们举手之劳就能方便到大家。
These are important things that need to be observed, be understood and be attended to.
但这些细小的服务也都是很重要的,都是需要我们观察、消化和关注的事情。
And this has also influenced my approach to being a medic as well.
这也影响了我做医生的工作态度。
These responsibilities are important to me and give meaning to my life.
这些责任对我来说是很重要的,它们就是我生活的价值所在。
Good morning ladies and gentlemen.
女士们先生们早上好。
Welcome aboard Singapore Airlines SQ25 to Singapore.
欢迎乘坐新加坡航空SQ25次航班,本次航班即将前往新加坡。
It's nice to know that I'm helping people through my work.
很高兴我的工作有帮助到大家。
When I see their smiles, the look on their faces, it's really rewarding and satisfying.
看到大家的笑容,大家脸上的表情,我就会觉得很有成就感,很满足。
And some of us have even become friends.
有一些我们还成了朋友。
Sometimes, it just comes down to letting people know that they are in good and safe hands.
有时,我们的工作归根结底就是要让大家知道,有我们在呢,您尽管放心。
What could be greater than having two lives that allow me to do just that.
拥有恰好能让我做到这一点的双面人生,还有比这更棒的事情吗?