Seneca-over 2000 years ago, the Greek philosopher: "Our forefathers lived every jot as well as we,
塞内加 两千年前的希腊哲学家说 “我们的祖先和我们过着一样的生活
when they provided and dressed their own meat with their own hands;
他们靠自己的双手来获得食物
lodged upon the ground, and were not as yet come to the vanity of gold and gems."
驻扎在大地上 还未受到黄金与宝石的诱惑”
This is Seneca, a very thoughtful philosopher, talking about the lack of physical exercise that existed in his time.
这是塞内加 一个很有思想的哲学家说的 讲到他那个时代存在的缺乏锻炼的现象
How much more is it today? When today we are living in our age,
现在这种现象严重了多少呢 今天在我们这个时代
the way that not even royalty lived just 100 or 200 years ago,
一两百年前连皇家都过不上的生活
the easy life, the luxurious life, and it's the under-privilege of the privilege.
方便的 奢侈的生活 这是特权中的非特权
We are paying the price for it. Let's see what our psychologist has to say about this.
我们要为此付出代价 让我们来看看心理学家是怎么说的
Ellen DeGeneres on the state of affairs.
艾伦·德杰尼勒斯 针砭时事
We're lazy. We have buttons doing everything. There is no physical activity attached to anything anymore.
我们很懒 做什么事都一个按钮搞定 做什么事都不用体力了
Even the garage door opening-we used to get out of the car and open up the garage door.
即使是开车库门 我们曾经要下车 打开车库门
Now there is a button you push, you know. And the car window. This became too much!
现在就只用按一个按钮 还有车窗 这太过分了
I don't want to turn buttons I just wanna fresh air!
我不想按按钮 我只想呼吸新鲜空气
We still use that gesture if we want someone to roll their window down in traffic.
我们现在还在用这个手势 如果想让某人把车窗摇下来的话
We still use that. Even now nobody's got it. Because we'd look like idiots if we did this.
我们还在用 虽然已经没人知道是什么意思 因为如果我们这样做就会像个傻子
We're lazy. We used to have breath mints. Now we have breath strips.
我们很懒 我们以前有薄荷糖 现在有洗牙糖
They just dissolve all on our tongue for us. How lazy.. Can we not suck anymore?
它们帮我们把舌头上的东西都溶掉 真是懒啊 我们不能吸吮了吗
Aa.. put it on…I'm tired! Aaa…I had a hard day!
放上来吧 我累了 我今天好辛苦