It's a cocktail of drugs, because they seem to work best in many situations.
是一杯药做的鸡尾酒 因为它们似乎要很多东西组合才能发挥最好的作用
So here is the cocktail. I hope you are listening now. Because this is very important.
这就是那个鸡尾酒 我希望你们都在听 因为这很重要
The wonder drug: 30 minutes of physical exercise, 4 times a week.
灵药就是 半小时的锻炼 每周四次
The second component of the cocktail: at least 15 minutes of mindful exercise 6 or 7 times a week.
鸡尾酒的第二个成分 至少十五分钟的意念锻炼 每周六到七次
The third component of this cocktail with all these benefits: 8 hours of sleep more or less per 24 hours.
鸡尾酒的第三个成分就是 每24小时睡8个小时
And the final component of the cocktail: 12 hugs a day. The last one-you can overdose on.
最后一个成分就是 每天12个拥抱 最后一个可以过量
Or rather you can-you can have as much as you like. But at least 12 hugs a day.
你想加多少就加多少 但至少每天要有12个拥抱
If you take, if you take this drug… You may hug. That's fine.
如果你服用这个药 你们可以拥抱 没关系
This is 1504! C'mon! But no sleeping in class.
这可是幸福课 但不要在课堂上睡觉
If you take this drug, this cocktail, I guarantee, I guarantee many of the benefits,
如果你服用这个药 这个鸡尾酒 我保证 我保证以上提到的很多好处
if not all of the benefits and possibly many more benefits that I've just talked about before.
就算不是全部 说不定还会比那更多 都会实现
You see today, only today, we are beginning to understand the connection between mind and body.
你们可以看到只有今天 我们才开始认识到精神和肉体之间的联系
One of the people, the first people to really understand who we'll talk about in next two classes is Jon Kabat-Zinn.
有一个人 第一个真正认识到的人 我们接下来的两节课会讲到的 就是乔恩·卡巴金
In his wonderful book, "Full Catastrophe Living"-a phrase taken from Zorba the Greek,
以及他的着作 《全灾难人生》 摘自《希腊人佐巴》的一个短语
Jon Kabat-Zinn: "Perhaps the most fundamental development in behavioral medicine
乔恩·卡巴金说 “也许行为治疗最基础的进展
is the recognition that we can no longer think about health as being solely a characteristic of the body
就是认识到我们不能再认为健康仅仅是身体或者精神的一个独立属性
or the mind because body and mind are interconnected."
因为精神和肉体是内在联系的”