Now there's going to be a 12 month rollout of Mac OS X.
Mac OS X将有一个长达12个月的部署期。
You can't do these things overnight. It's a 12 month rollout.
这些事情不可能一蹴而就。要有12个月的部署。
So we are announcing it today, January, 2000.
因此我们在今天,2000年的一月份发布。
Our developers have already had a few betas of the software.
我们的开发人员已经有了软件的测试版。
They're going to get another pre-release of the software at the end of this month.
他们将在这个月底得到软件的另一个预发布版本。
The final beta will go out to developers this spring.
最终的测试版将于今年春天呈现给开发人员。
Mac OS X will be on sale as a software product starting this summer.
从今年夏天开始,Mac OS X将作为软件产品上市销售。
And we will be pre-loading it on all machines a year from now. So that is our rollout strategy.
一年后,我们将在所有的机器上预装它。以上就是我们的交付策略。
Now I'd like to go through the architecture of Mac OS X with you.
现在,我想和大家一起回顾一下Mac OS X的架构。
So start off with we need a kernel, and that kernel we call Darwin.
首先我们需要一个内核,这个内核我们给它起名为达尔文。
Darwin is amazing, it's a super modern kernel.
达尔文太神奇了,它是一个超级现代的内核。
And it's got protected memory, pre-emptive multitasking, modern networking,
它有受保护的内存,先占式多任务处理,现代网络,
all the things you'd expect, done in a very elegant way.
所有你想要的东西,以一种非常优雅的方式实现。
And it's very Linux-like, very much so. It's got free bsd unix, which is the same as Linux.
它与Linux非常非常类似。它有免费的bsd unix,这一点和Linux一样。
So it looks almost the same to developers.
所以对开发者来说,它和Linux看起来几乎是一样的。
It's got a mach microkernel and it'scompletely open source,
它有一个Mach微内核,而且是完全开源的,
you can go to Apple's website today and download it as 75,000 people already have. Completely open source.
现在你就可以去苹果官网下载,已经有75000人下载了。完全开源。
And we're getting a lot of help from the Mac community to make it better and better and better.
我们从Mac社区得到了很多帮助,会让它变得越来越好。
So we're extremely excited about Darwin.
所以我们对达尔文感到非常兴奋。