And again, it's easier said than done. But over time, we can train
说起来容易 做起来难 但逐渐我们可以通过冥想
our mind through meditation, through cognitively reframing things.
来训练我们的思想 通过对事物进行认知重建
We can train our mind to be able to make that shift almost at will.
我们可以训练我们的思想 使其能够按照我们的意愿来转换
So let me give you an example of the three Ps applied.
我来给你们举个应用三个P的例子吧
So this happened to me at the beginning of the semester, about two weeks into the semester.
这是刚开学时发生在我身上的事 大约开学后两个星期
I was…I had to take Shirell, my daughter to day care.
我要带我的女儿史瑞尔去托儿所
And I was running late. I was running really late.
我就要迟到了 迟了很多
And you know what I like to do before lectures is to work out.
你们知道我上课前一般都会去健身
Now I realized I was not going to have time to work out,
我意识到我没时间去健身了
I hardly had any time to go over the lecture notes that I do twice in the morning before the lecture.
我甚至几乎没时间复习备课笔记 我在上课前都会复习两遍
And I got upset. And I became stressed. Then I said, "OK. Let's take the three Ps and apply them."
于是我很沮丧 很有压力 然后我说 “就用用三个P吧”
First P, permission. Acceptance. I said to myself, "OK. So you are stressed.
第一个P 许可 接受 我对自己说 “你压力很大
So you are upset. It's OK to be upset. It's OK to be stressed.
你很沮丧 这些都没关系
Even if you do teach positive psychology. It's all right."
即使你是教积极心理学的 也没关系”
The second thing that I said-respect for reality.
我说的第二件事就是尊重现实
This is the beginning of the semester. A lot of things are happening.
这是学期刚开始的时候 很多事情都碰在一起
We had just arrived from Israel a couple of weeks earlier.
我们几个星期前刚从以色列回来
A little bit of jet lag. The kids. Respect for reality. It is what it is.
要倒时差 还有小孩要照顾 尊重现实 现实就是这样
And then I moved on to positive. So what's the benefit here?
然后我转向第二个P 积极性 有什么好处呢