In this American English pronunciation video,
在这段美式英语发音视频中,
we’re going to study the path of the voice and placement.
我们将学习发音的路径和位置。
One of the things I often talk about with my students is placement.
我经常和我的学生谈论的一件事就是位置。
I sometimes feel like their voice only comes from their head, and is placed very much so here,
有时我觉得他们的声音只是从他们的头上发出来的,而且放在这里非常合适,
whereas my voice, when I speak English, rests more here. And I feel the placement a little lower.
而当我说英语的时候,我的声音更多地放在这里。我觉得我的发音位置有点低。
Let’s talk a little bit about what happens when you’re speaking.
让我们稍微谈谈你说话的时候会发生什么。
So, the diaphragm, here, an involuntary muscle, just like you’re heart,
横膈膜,在这里,一块不随意肌,就像你的心脏一样,
tenses up, which pulls down a little bit.
向上拉紧,然后稍微向下拉。
That turns your lungs into a vacuum, and it sucks the air in.
那会把你的肺变成真空,然后把空气吸进去。
When your diaphragm relaxes, the air then comes out.
当你的横隔膜放松时,空气就会出来。
Your vocal cords here are what make the sound.
你这里的声带就是发出声音的地方。
Think of blowing up a balloon, and taking the neck of it,
想象一下,吹一个气球,抓住它的颈部,
pulling it wide so it makes that annoying squeak sound.
把它拉大,这样它就会发出烦人的吱吱声。
That’s what your vocal cords are.
这就是你的声带。
So, your lungs are the balloon, and your vocal cords are the mouth of the balloon.
所以,你的肺就像是气球,你的声带就好比是气球的嘴。
And this pressure here is the energy of the voice.
这里的压力是声音的能量。
So this is the energy, the fuel of the voice,
这就是能量,声音的燃料,
and up here we have the articulators: the tongue, the teeth, the jaw.
在这里我们有发音器官:舌头,牙齿,下颌。
That takes the core sound made by the vocal cords,
它把声带发出的核心声音
and shapes them into the sounds of American English.
塑造成美式英语的声音。
I feel like many of my students lack a connection to this fuel, to the energy.
我觉得我的许多学生缺乏与这种燃料与能量的联系。
And they speak only from their face.
他们只是从他们的脸上说话。
Of course their body works in the same way,
当然,他们的身体也以同样的方式工作,
they’re bringing in the air, but they seem to have no attachment to it.
他们吸进了空气,但他们似乎对空气没有任何联系。
And their voice seems completely detached from their bodies.
他们的声音似乎完全脱离了他们的身体。
But when I speak, I feel my voice very attached to my body.
但是当我说话的时候,我感觉我的声音与我的身体联系密切。
One exercise you can do to try to focus on your body rather than your face when you’re speaking,
当你说话的时候,你可以做的一个练习是试着专注于你的身体而不是你的脸,就
is just to exaggerate the movement here, tss, tss, of your abdoment, tss, zz, tss, zz,
是夸大你腹部发出声音如tss,tss时的动作,tss,zz,tss,zz,
to connect more to a lower sensation of the breath.
以更多地连接到呼吸的较低位置的感觉。
Now you wouldn’t want to do that when you’re speaking,
当你说话的时候,你可能不想这样做,
but it could be a good exercise for you, to get you into your body.
但这对你来说可能是一种很好的锻炼,让你真正体会感觉自己的身体。
So here we have the fuel and here the articulation.
我们来看:这里是燃料,这里是发音。
Now, we want our articulators to be very relaxed.
现在,我们希望我们的发音器官非常放松。
If there’s any tension, in the throat, for example,
例如,如果喉咙有任何紧张感,
it will bring the voice up, and the placement up,
它就会提高声音和位置,
and then we loose the connection here to the fuel of the voice, to the body.
然后我们这里与声音燃料和身体的联系就会松弛。
We’re currently working on a series of videos dealing with relaxation
我们目前正在制作一系列处理放松的视频,
to help you get the voice out of your face and head and into your body.
帮助你把声音从你的脸和头部释放出来,进入你的身体
In the mean time, just play around with the idea of pulling the air all the way down, ss, zz,
同时,你可以试一下这个想法,就是把空气一直往下拉,ss,zz,
and fueling your voice from here, a lower spot in your body.
然后从这里给你的声音填加燃料,这里是你身体的一个较低的位置。
That’s it, and thanks so much for using Rachel’s English.
好了,非常感谢你使用瑞秋英语。