手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

洞穴潜水训练(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

In my first attempt, I'm going the wrong way.

我第一次尝试时,走错了方向。

Well, I feel like I might have gone too far.

嗯,我觉得我可能走得太远了。

Since I have gone far enough that I should have found the line by then, I go back to the starting point by reeling myself back in.

既然我已经走得够远了,我应该已经找到那条线了,于是我转身回到起点。

Then, using my hands and the position of the line I tied, I pick a new direction.

然后,我用手和绑线的位置,选择了一个新方向。

Success! I find the guideline and tie my reel in! Now I have to figure out which way is out.

成功!我找到了引导线,把卷轴系好!现在,我得想办法出去了。

Okay, so this is tied in now.

好吧,现在这里绑好了。

Line arrows on the guideline always point the way out of the cave.

引导线上的线箭头总是指向洞穴的出口。

I don't know which way is out in this particular case, because you just made it up.

我不知道在这种情况下哪条是出去的路,因为你刚绑好。

So I guess I'll just go this way.

所以,我猜就走这边吧。

Radar, radar!

雷达,雷达!

So I feel along until I feel a line arrow and figure out which way it's pointing.

于是,我一直跟着线走,摸到一个箭头时,感觉出它指的方向。

Yup. Going the wrong way. The way out is this way.

是的,走错方向了,出路在这边。

Awesome.

太棒了。

I swear I did not cheat, I had my eyes shut!

我发誓我没作弊,我闭着眼睛!

Somehow I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have to do that again underwater.

不知怎的,我暗地里觉得,我会在水下再做一次。

With the lost line drill over with, it's time to start putting together our gear for the dives.

脱线训练结束后,该为潜水准备装备了。

Once again, we huff our gear to the cave.

我们再一次把装备带到了洞穴。

Today, which is the third day of my training, we will be going past the stop sign. I'm now past the cavern part of the training.

今天是我训练的第三天,我们要越过停止标志。我已经游过了进行训练的洞穴部分。

It's real cave time!

现在到了真正的洞穴!

Brian has me lead for a while and just when I'm thinking this is going to be an easy dive, he springs another blind out-of-air drill on me.

布莱恩让我在前面领了一段路,正在我认为这此潜水很容易完成时,他又让我做盲潜训练。

My training dives are not all blind exercises though.

不过,我的潜水练习并非都是盲潜。

Throughout the course, as I progress from Intro to Cave Diver to Apprentice Cave Diver, and finally full cave diver,

在整个课程中,我从入门者晋升为洞穴潜水员,再到实习洞穴潜水员,最后是全洞潜水员。

Brian takes me and Todd to see the sights, practice our sidemount skills, and sometimes snake our way through the swiss cheese limestone.

布赖恩带我和托德去看标识,练习我们的侧挂潜水技巧,有时我们会在瑞士奶酪般的石灰岩中蜿蜒前行。

Everywhere I look, Dan's cave is full of wonders.

丹穴到处都充满了奇观。

Moving through crystal clear water, we pass innumerable extremely fragile formations that took thousands of years to form.

我们穿过清澈的湖水,经过无数极其脆弱的地层,这些地层历经数千年才形成。

In one room, a massive column, 30 feet tall, and ornamented like a huge candle of dripping wax--but made of solid stone, deposited over a thousand years or more.

在一个空间里,有一根巨大的柱子,30英尺高,装饰得像一支巨大的滴蜡蜡烛,但它是由坚固的石头制成的,积存了一千多年。

Dan's cave is a treasure chest of formations the likes of which I have never seen.

我从未见过像丹穴这样的宝藏。

On one ceiling, the stalactites are short and knobby.

在洞顶上,钟乳石又短又圆。

Not far away, they are long, and smooth like icicles, formed of the purest white crystal.

在不远处,它们又长又滑,像冰柱一样,由最纯净的白色水晶构成。

In a large room some 700 feet from the entrance, a formation Brian calls Aristotle's head. See it?

在离入口700英尺的一个大房间里,有一片布莱恩称作是亚里士多德的构造。看到了吗?

Benefits-web.png

To me it looks like his head on a duck.

对我来说,它看起来像鸭子的头。

Further in, we enter a forest of tall, slender columns.

再往前行,我们进入了一片由细长的圆柱组成的森林。

Ever so gently, Todd and I follow Brian through. If I ever broke one of these ancient, beautiful formations I would never forgive myself.

如此温柔,我和托德一直跟着布赖恩。如果我破坏了这些古老而美丽的构造,我永远不会原谅自己。

We move gently and carefully with absolute buoyancy control.

我们用绝对的悬浮控制轻轻地小心移动。

Soon we reach our thirds-one third of our air supply, and it's time to turn around and head back towards the entrance.

我们很快用完了三分之一的氧气,该掉头返回洞口了。

On the way out, Brian spots a Remipede, a type of rare blind crustacean that only lives in caves.

在出去的路上,布赖恩发现了一种只生活在洞穴里的稀有盲视甲壳动物——雷米派德。

With its two large antennae, this little guy is called the Hammerhead ramipede.

它长有两个大触角,这个小家伙叫锤头蜈蚣。

We also find a blind Bahamian cavefish-the super-predator in the cave-only a few inches long.

我们还发现了一只盲视的巴哈马穴居鱼,它是洞穴中的超级捕食者,仅有几英寸长。

We pass the stop sign, back into the cavern zone and I can see the light above from the opening.

我们潜过停止标志,回到洞穴区,我能看到来自上方洞口的阳光。

We do a safety stop at 15 feet for three minutes, just as we would in open water, to be sure nobody has any decompression sickness issues.

我们在15英尺处安全停留了3分钟,就像在开阔水域一样,确保没有人出现减压病。

And then, it's back to the light of day!

随后,我们又回到日光下!

We had to do more lights-out drills, where he has to follow the line by feel.

我们需要做更多的无灯训练,必须凭感觉跟随引导线行进。

And then we kinda stepped up the difficulty by having an out-of-air situation at the same time.

我们又增加了难度,同时出现缺少氧气的情况。

And then we stepped that up to having to go through a tiny little hole single file with zero lights and also sharing air too.

随后我们再提升难度,通过一个非常小的洞,单排潜行,没有灯光,还需要共用氧气。

Honestly it was fun, but I know I'm with the guy that knows the way out, you know what I mean?

说真的,这很有趣,但我知道和我一道的那个人知道出去的路,你懂我的意思吗?

So I'm not too worried.

所以,我不太担心。

Well, you did all the navigation coming out on your own, right?

好吧,所有的导航都是你自己完成的,对吧?

We made it back to the sun!

我们重见天日了!

On the last day of my training I have to take the final.

在训练的最后一天,我必须参加最终的考试。

It's not just a multiple choice exam, but in fact has mostly essay questions. It has been a while since I have taken an exam and this one takes three hours!

这不仅是一个选择题考试,事实上主要是问答题。我已经有段日子没参加考试了,这次考试要三个小时!

Just to make it even more nerve-wracking, Brian reads and grades it while I sit there.

为了让我更伤脑筋,我坐在这儿时,布莱恩一边读一边给我打分。

But fortunately, he likes it, and....

但幸运的是,他喜欢我的考卷,而且......

Congratulations!

恭喜你!

Yes, I'm a cave diver!

是的,我是洞穴潜水员啦!

I pass! I get my Cave Diving certification card!

我通过了!我拿到了洞穴潜水证书!

Cave diving isn't for everyone. It requires a lot of training to be safe, and a tolerance for claustrophobia.

洞穴潜水并不适合每个人,它需要大量的训练来确保潜水时安全,还要能忍受幽闭恐惧症。

But for the people who choose to venture into these remote underground worlds, the rewards are immense.

但对于那些选择冒险进入这些遥远的地下世界的人来说,回报是巨大的。

My new cave training has opened my eyes to new diving techniques and paved the way for many more future adventures.

我接受的新的洞穴潜水训练使我对新的潜水技术大开眼界,并为将来进行更多的冒险铺平了道路。

You just might be seeing a few more cave stories here in the Blue World.

你可能会在《蓝色世界》里看到更多有关洞穴潜水的故事。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆
limestone ['laimstəun]

想一想再看

n. 石灰石

 
apprentice [ə'prentis]

想一想再看

n. 学徒 v. 使当学徒

联想记忆
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
drill [dril]

想一想再看

n. 钻孔机,钻子,反复操练,播种机
v. 钻

 
antennae [æn'teni:]

想一想再看

n. 天线(等于aerial);[动]触须;[植]蕊喙;

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
column ['kɔləm]

想一想再看

n. 柱,圆柱,柱形物,专栏,栏,列

 
tolerance ['tɔlərəns]

想一想再看

n. 忍耐力,宽容,容忍,公差

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 洞穴潜水训练(上) 2020-02-20
  • 洞穴潜水训练(中) 2020-02-25
  • 学习海洋生物学(上) 2020-03-18
  • 学习海洋生物学(下) 2020-03-19
  • 阿巴科神秘的水晶洞穴(上) 2020-03-31
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。