In the middle of this National Park sits a striking testament to the beauty of nature and the ingenuity of Victorian Age engineering.
这座国家公园的中央,坐落着一处格外引人注目的景致,静静地诉说着自然风光之美与维多利亚时代工程之别具一格。
This Great Big Story was made possible by the German National Tourist Board and HanseMerkur Travel Insurance.
感谢德国国家旅游局与汉斯默克旅游保险对本期《伟大的故事》的大力支持。
These stunning rock formations, also called the City of Stone, are known as Bastei or Pastey.
这些令人叹为观止的石林,又称“石城”,便是巴斯泰。
Located in Saxon Switzerland National Park in Germany, they are connected to one another by the Bastei Bridge.
石林坐落于萨克森小瑞士国家公园,景区两端由巴斯泰桥相连。
The sandstone rocks are covered in trees and shrubbery and were created by water erosion throughout millions of years.
如今,石林里的砂岩早已密林参差,而这些巨石历经了数百万年的雨水冲刷才有了现在的模样。
The first version of the bridge was constructed in 1824 with wood.
巴斯泰桥原本是1824年修建的一座木桥。
But in 1851, a new version was built, to help with a steady increase in visitors.
到了1851年,为吸引游客,园方将桥改建成了当下的模样。
Today, the Bastei Bridge can be seen in notable Hollywood films.
巴斯泰桥还反复亮相于著名好莱坞电影。
Then with the more complex instruments, we have some that work like normal instruments, you know,
最后是比较复杂的,有一些蔬菜能像真正的乐器那样演奏,
the pumpkin is the bass drum and the sound of the pumpkin is really important. Good.
比如,南瓜可以做成大鼓,南瓜的声音是乐团中非常关键的一个声音。很好。
After shopping we go to the venue and start to build instruments.
菜买好之后我们就去工作室开始制作乐器。
All in all, it takes two to three hours to build all the instruments for everybody.
总的来说,准备好所有人的乐器需要两到三个小时的时间。
And then we start with the sound check.
接下来是试音。
And since we have new instruments each time, we have to have a very long sound check.
因为我们每次演奏使用的乐器都是新的,所以试音花掉了我们很长一部分时间。
We have a lot of different musical influences in the orchestra.
我们乐团内部不同的声音非常多。
Since we're really many people, everybody's interested in different things.
因为我们乐团人很多,每个人感兴趣的东西又都不一样。
We make a soup during the building process of the vegetable instruments with the remaining vegetables
制作乐器的时候我们会把剩下的材料做成一锅汤,
and we serve it to the audience after the concert.
等演奏结束之后请观众们品尝。
And it's also after hearing and seeing us and smelling the vegetables,
大家能够亲眼看到我们,听到我们演奏,还能闻到那些蔬菜乐器的味道,
which will be intense in there because it's so small, this theater and then you can also eat it.
印象就会非常深刻,因为我们都是小范围地演奏,听完了还能吃。
You never get it out of your head anymore if you're in the orchestra to look vegetables in another way.
一旦你来听了我们乐团的演奏,对蔬菜有了新的认知,那种认知就会一直跟随着你挥之不去。