手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA看电影学英语 > 正文

Goody-goody 道学先生

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.

欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our term today is "goody-goody", from the movie "Peter Rabbit 2".
我们今天的短语是goody-goody,出自电影《比得兔2:逃跑计划》。
The film continues the story about Peter Rabbit, the rabbit who gets into trouble.
这部电影延续了比得兔的故事,这只兔子惹上了麻烦。
Peter! Stay out of trouble!
比得!不要惹麻烦!
He leaves home and meets another rabbit.
他离开了家,遇到了另外一只兔子。
I'm talking to you, Peter, specifically! Stay out of trouble!
我在说你呢,比得,就是你!不要惹麻烦!
Listen for the saying "goody-goody".
留意听一下goody-goody这个短语。
What are you looking at, goody-goody? Are you going to turn me in?
你在看什么呢,道学先生?你要告发我吗?
I'm no goody-goody, apparently I'm a baddy-baddy.
我可不是道学先生,我明显不是个好人。
Get out of here!
给我滚开!

电影《比得兔2:逃跑计划》

What does "goody-goody" mean?

goody-goody是什么意思?
Is it: someone who is kind or someone who always follows rules?
是某人很和善,还是某人永远遵循规则?
Listen again, were you right?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
What are you looking at, goody-goody? Are you going to turn me in?
你在看什么呢,道学先生?你要告发我吗?
I'm no goody-goody, apparently I'm a baddy-baddy.
我可不是道学先生,我明显不是个好人。
The answer is B) someone who always follows rules, no exceptions.
答案是B,某人永远遵循规则,没有例外。
But there is a second part to this.
但这个词还有一层意思。
Often a goody-goody acts only in the interest of pleasing powerful people.
通常来说,一个goody-goody只会取悦有权势的人。
It is not very nice to call someone a goody-goody.
称别人为goody-goody不是很好。
It means you do not respect them.
这意味着你并不尊重他们。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Anne Ball.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是安妮·鲍尔。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。