手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 公众人物毕业演讲 > 正文

第520期:麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

It was bite-sized bravery that compelled you to take that applied mathematics class.

正是这种小勇敢驱使你报了应用数学课;
It was bite-sized bravery that led you to speak out when everyone agreed on a topic in session,
正是这种小勇敢让你在讨论会上大声表达自己的观点,当时所有人都同意某一论题,
and you knew they were completely missing the point.
但你知道他们完全没抓住要点。
It was bravery that led you to fight for a friend in need or perhaps even a stranger.
是勇敢让你为了患难之交或者只是一个陌生人而战;
It was bravery that led you to take that shot at the buzzer.
是勇敢让你在蜂鸣器响起时投中一球;
And it was bravery that led not one, but two women, to run for president of the USC student council.
是勇敢让两名而不仅是一名女生竞选南加州大学的学生会主席。
Bravery allows us to push beyond the boundaries that hold us back from living the lives that we want.
勇敢使我们突破重重界限,这些界限让我们无法过上自己想要的生活。
For those of you, some of you, those boundaries may have been imposed by your family,
对于你们,或者你们中的一些人,这些界限可能是由你们的家庭造成的。

麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲

and in this regard, I have to tell you I was lucky.

在这一点上,我不得不说,我是幸运的。
I grew up in Chicago, the youngest of six kids, to a single mom.
我在芝加哥长大,是六个孩子中最小的,由一位单身母亲抚养。
And my situation was one that was challenged.
我的处境经常面临挑战。
Some of you may have had the same situation.
你们中有些人可能也有同样的处境。
Sometimes, we didn't have enough money for rent, and we'd get evicted, which happened a lot.
有时候,我们的钱不够交房租,就会被赶走,这种事经常发生。
Now that's not why I was lucky.
而这并不是我幸运的原因。
I was lucky because the one thing that my mother did,
之所以说我幸运,是因为我母亲做的一件事,
despite all of the harsh realities that we sometimes had to deal with,
尽管我们有时要面对各种严酷的现实,
she made sure that she never gave up and she made sure that we didn't either.
但她会确保自己从不放弃,她也会确保我们从不放弃。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
bravery ['breivəri]

想一想再看

n. 勇敢

联想记忆
harsh [hɑ:ʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,使人不舒服的,刺耳的,严厉的,大约的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。