Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Anything that is significant is important to you.
任何重要的事对你都很重要
Let's see if Anna and Jonathan
让我们看看安娜和乔纳森
have something important to say about this.
对此是否有什么重要的话要说
Did you get an invitation to Lila and Matt's wedding?
你收到莱拉和马特婚礼的请柬了吗?
I did! And I think I'm going to bring my significant other.
是的,我收到了,我想我要带上我的另一半
Wait, you have significant other? Since when?
等等,你有另一半了?从什么时候开始的?
Since... none of your business.
从……跟你不相关吧
Okay, okay. Sorry I asked!
是的,是的,很抱歉这样问你!
If you want to keep your private life private, fine.
如果你不想谈私人生活,没问题
"Significant other" is a term for a person's partner
“重要的另一半”是指
in a romantic relationship.
在恋爱关系中的伴侣
It's used formally in invitations to mean a person
它被正式用于邀请,意思是一个人
may bring their partner to the event.
可以带他的伴侣来参加活动
"Significant other" can also be used
如果一个人想对自己的私生活保密
if a person wants to keep their private life secret.
也可以用“Significant other”
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目