Times of vulnerability will inevitably show up to balance out the good times in life.
脆弱时刻不可避免,它们的出现是为了平衡生活中的美好时光。
And as humans, we've evolved some pretty unhealthy ways of dealing with them.
作为人类的我们已经进化出了一些非常不健康的应对方式。
We may mask our vulnerability beneath other negative emotions like anger and jealousy,
我们可能会把自己的弱点隐藏在其他负面情绪之下,比如愤怒和嫉妒,
deny it in order to convince ourselves and others that we are okay, or even blame our problems entirely on external sources.
我们会否认自己的脆弱,只为让自己和别人相信我们很好,我们甚至把自己的问题完全归咎于外部因素。
These walls we built around our weak spots can protect us from being badly hurt, but the longer we work to hold them up,
我们在弱点周围筑起的这些墙可以保护我们免受严重伤害,但我们拖得越久,
the more we allow our vulnerabilities to grow within us, snowballing into something more sinister
我们就越让自己内心的脆弱生长,就像滚雪球一样变成更危险的东西
like feelings of self-hatred, despair and even apathy, which can leave us prone to depression.
比如自我憎恨、绝望甚至冷漠的感觉,这些会使我们有抑郁倾向。
But believe it or not, there are ways to transform vulnerability into something
但有很多方法可以把脆弱转化为力量,
that gives us strength to go forward instead of holding us back.
让我们勇往直前,而不是退缩不前。
Here are three steps to turning vulnerability into a superpower.
以下是将脆弱转化成超能力的三部曲。
1. Change your mindset.
1. 改变你的思维方式。
That means stop playing the victim.
这意味着停止扮演受害者。
It's tough love but only when you stop using vulnerability as an excuse to feel sorry for yourself
爱之深,责之切,只有当你停止将脆弱当做借口为自己感到难过时
can you take responsibility for your situation and change it.
你才能为自己的境况负责并做出改变。
Instead of ruminating on your misfortune, move towards the mindset of acceptance.
与其反复思考你的不幸,不如转向接受的心态。
That means deeply acknowledging a painful situation
这意味着深刻地认识到这个痛苦的处境
and your personal role in bringing it about without allowing these things to define your identity.
以及你在其中所扮演的角色,同时不让这些事情定义你。
Sure, a bad thing may be happening to you now, but it is not characteristic of you.
当然,现在的你可能遭遇了不好的事情,但这并不是你。
When you identify your own self-harming behavior, you acknowledge that you have the power to change it,
当你在定义自己的自残行为时,你要知道自己有能力改变它,
and that's when you start to take control as a superhero rather than a damsel in distress.
此时的你,就是以超人而非落难少女的身份控制局面。
2. Tear down those walls.
2. 推到那些墙。
Reach out to others and share your story. When you stop playing the victim, you stop looking to others for consolation,
跟别人分享你的故事。当你停止扮演受害者时,你就不再向他人寻求安慰
and as a result, people will feel safer sharing their ideas because they won't feel responsible for fixing you.
因此,人们在分享自己的想法时会感觉更安全,因为他们不会觉得有责任修复你的心。
So stop expecting others to swoop in and save you, and instead, use them as a source of inspiration.
所以不要指望别人会突然出现拯救你,相反,要把他们作为你的激励来源。
You'll find that more people can relate to you than you think.
你会发现更多的人能和你产生共鸣。
And once you realize that you're not the only one carrying this burden, you'll fill its weight lift from your shoulders
一旦你认识到你不是唯一一个负重前行的人,你会把压力的重量从你的肩膀上卸下来
and a sudden sort of power that allows you to move forward. That's the moment your vulnerability turns into a superpower.
并且一种突然的力量会让你向前。此时你就将脆弱转换成了超能力。
3. Commits to the new mindset.
3. 致力于新的心态。
You might expect your brand-new superpower to make you positively unstoppable, but think again.
你可能希望你的全新超能力能让你势不可挡,但再仔细想想。
As any comic book will tell you, even being a superhero requires hard work and maintenance.
漫画书上说,成为英雄需要努力和毅力。
Small continuous efforts are required to prevent negative feelings from snowballing again,
为了防止消极情绪像滚雪球一样再次滚雪球,你需要不断做出努力,
especially if you're prone to mental illness. A good mindfulness routine is the perfect countermeasure.
尤其是当你容易患上精神疾病的时候。良好的正念习惯是完美的对策。
When you fill that victim mentality creeping up again, try doing some stream-of-consciousness journaling,
当你再次充满受害者心态时,试着做一些意识流日志,
gratitude journaling, meditation and track your sleep to ensure you get those eight hours.
感恩笔记、冥想并追踪睡眠以确保你睡够8小时。
These strategies lead to a heightened awareness of the good things in life
这些策略会让你对生活中的美好事物有更高的认识,
that when recognized on a daily basis can stop you from falling victim to vulnerability.
当你在日常生活中意识到这些美好事物时,你就不会成为脆弱的受害者。
Hey Psych2Goers, don't forget that you're not alone on your self-improvement journey.
各位观众,不要忘了在自我提升的旅途中,你们并不孤独。
Christine is an up-and-coming freelance blogger, documenting her struggles through life
克莉丝汀是一位积极进取的自由博主,她将人生的奋斗以及在过程中学会的策略
and the strategies she's learned to get through them. This video is one of those stories.
都记录了下来。本期视频是其中一期故事。
Feel free to check out her wordpress site link below, we're sure it will help you fill us along. Thanks for watching!
点击链接进行查看,我们相信这能帮助到大家。感谢收看!