Maybe there's two types of people in the world:
也许这世界有两种人:
those people who favor humans over ideology, and those people who favor ideology over humans.
一种人相信人性高于意识形态,一种人相信意识形态高于人性。
I favor humans over ideology, but right now, the ideologues are winning,
我属于前者,但眼下,后者正占据上风,
and they're creating a stage for constant artificial high dramas
这些人正在搭建一个舞台,不停上演一出大戏,
where everybody's either a magnificent hero or a sickening villain,
戏里的人不是威猛英雄,就是猥琐坏人,
even though we know that's not true about our fellow humans.
即使大家都明白其实人不是这样的。
What's true is that we are clever and stupid; what's true is that we're grey areas.
真实的现实是我们既聪明又愚蠢;真实的现实是我们都处于灰色地带。
The great thing about social media was how it gave a voice to voiceless people,
社交媒体的好处是它能为无处发声的人提供一个发言的平台,
but we're now creating a surveillance society, where the smartest way to survive is to go back to being voiceless.
而现在呢,我们搞出了个间谍社会,要想生存就得噤若寒蝉。
Let's not do that. Thank you.
让我们改变这种局面吧。谢谢大家。