And then came the trolls:
继而就是那些寻畔的了:
Somebody else on that wrote,
有人在那上面写道:
"Somebody HIV-positive should rape this bitch and then we'll find out if her skin color protects her from AIDS."
“应该找个艾滋阳性的去强奸那母狗,我们就能知道她的肤色能否保护她不染艾滋了。”
And that person got a free pass. Nobody went after that person.
如此恶言者倒免挨板子了。竟没有一个人去追剿那家伙。
We were all so excited about destroying Justine, and our shaming brains are so simple-minded,
我们人人都为了要毁灭贾丝婷而忙得不可开交。我们的众辱心态是如此的一心一意,
that we couldn't also handle destroying somebody who was inappropriately destroying Justine.
竟无法同时毁灭那些正在无理毁灭贾丝婷的人。
Justine was really uniting a lot of disparate groups that night, from philanthropists to "rape the bitch."
贾丝婷在那一晚着实团结了许多种类各异的群体,从做慈善的,到叫喊“强奸那母狗”的都有。
Women always have it worse than men. When a man gets shamed, it's, "I'm going to get you fired."
这类事件中女性遭受的侮辱总比男性更糟糕。男性在遭受众辱时,通常是:“我要搞到你被炒鱿鱼为止。”
When a woman gets shamed, it's, "I'm going to get you fired and raped and cut out your uterus."
当女性被众辱是,通常是:“我要搞到你被炒鱿鱼,被强奸、割掉你的子宫。”
And then Justine's employers got involved:
然后呢,贾丝婷的雇主也搭腔了:
And that's when the anger turned to excitement:
就这样,愤怒变成了兴奋:
What we had was a delightful narrative arc. We knew something that Justine didn't.
这无疑成了一段精彩的大题目:尽人皆晓的,唯贾丝婷毫不知情。
Can you think of anything less judicial than this?
还有比这个更不公正的事情吗?
Justine was asleep on a plane and unable to explain herself, and her inability was a huge part of the hilarity.
贾丝婷当时在飞机上睡着,没机会为自己解释,而这恰恰是这场闹剧的一大原因。
On Twitter that night, we were like toddlers crawling towards a gun.
那天晚上,大家在推特上面就像小屁孩爬着去够玩具枪似的。
Somebody worked out exactly which plane she was on, so they linked to a flight tracker website.
有人查到她的航班号,就把航班号链接到一个航班跟踪网站上面。
A hashtag began trending worldwide: # hasJustineLandedYet?
马上,这一标签开始在全球走红:#贾丝婷到达没有?