29th, January 1945.
1945年1月29日。
My dearest one, I have just heard the news that all the Army men taken POW are to return to their homes.
我的挚爱,我刚得知一个消息。战俘们就要返乡了。
Because of the shipping situation we may not commence to go before the end of February, but can probably count on being in England sometime in March, maybe sooner.
鉴于航运现况,在二月底之前我们或许都上不了船。不过三月有希望能够回到英国了。也许还能更快.
It's made me very warm inside.
想到这,我内心就无比温暖的。
It is terrific, wonderful, shattering.
夹杂着激动、喜悦、兴奋。
I don't know what to say. And I cannot think.
难以言表,我甚至无法平静思考。
The delay is nothing, the decision is everything.
延误其实无所谓。只要有指令指示能够回家就够了。
I must spend the first days at home. I must consider getting a party somewhere.
刚回去那几天我会先呆家里几天,打算会办个聚会。
Above all I must be with you.
但我与你在一起的心仍无比坚定。
I must warm you, surround you, love you, and be kind to you.
我一定会哄你开心,与你如影随形,宠坏你。
I would prefer not to get married, but want you to agree on the point.
我个人是无所谓结婚,但必须先恳请你的意见。
In battle I was afraid,for you, for my mother, for myself.
在战场上,我非常担心。担心你以及我母亲,当然也包括我自己。
Wait we must, my love, my darling, let us meet, let us be, let us know.
我们静候佳音,吾爱宝贝。
But do not let us now make any mistakes.
我们一定会再见,互相了解,不再错过。
How good for us to see each other before I am completely bald.
万幸,在我老去前还能再见到你。
I have some fine little wisps of hair on the top of my head.
我头顶上还有几缕头发。
It's not much good me trying to write about recent experiences, now that I know I should be able to tell you everything myself within such a short time.
也已没必要再分享最近的日常。因再过不久我便能亲自向你诉说。
What I have my eye on now is the first letter from you saying that you know I am all right and the next saying you know I am coming to you.
眼下我手边放着你给我的第一封信,关于你已知我平安。及第二封回复你已得知我将归来。
Plan a week somewhere, not Boscombe or Bournemouth.
我们去那呆一周吧,只要别是Boscombe或Bournemouth即可。
Think of being together.
试想着,只有我们俩。
The glory of you.
如此美好如你。
I hope you will not start buying any clothes if you have any coupons left because you think you must look nice for me.
愿你别再添购新衣,即使你的折价券尚未使用完,你或许想着用最好的一面迎接我。
Just carry on as near as possible to normal.
但我只愿见到日常的你。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!