手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

为了蹦极 他们买下了一座桥

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

You can imagine it's not super easy to just buy a bridge and build all this stuff.

大家应该想象得出,要买下一座桥,再添置好所有这些东西并不是一件特别容易的事。
It's our American dream, not everybody dreams of picket fences and houses; we dreamt of a bridge.
这是我们的美国梦,不是每个人的梦想都是安逸的生活,我们的梦想是一座桥。
Bungee jumping gets categorized as more of a a carnival ride,
人们给蹦极的定性是嘉年华之旅一样的体验,
but for me and my friends, it's kind of our sanctuary.
但对我和我的朋友们来说,蹦极是我们的庇护所。
It's not fear; it's just happiness. Pure happiness.
蹦极于我们而言不是害怕,而是快乐,纯粹的快乐。
My name is Doug Frutos.
我叫道格·弗鲁托斯。
There's four of us that own Vertigo Bungee.
“眩晕蹦极”是我们四个一起搞的一个东西。
We've been friends a long time; been jumping for decades.
我们很早以前就是好朋友了;蹦极也已经蹦了几十年了。
We met almost 30 years ago, and you know, we've been bungee jumping ever since.
我们差不多是30年前认识的,从那以后我们就一直在玩蹦极。
The memories that we have together are priceless.
我们在一起的时光是无价的。
It's amazing that we've been friends that long.
我们能做这么久的朋友真的很不可思议。
We have owned the Young's High Bridge for six years,
这座“青年高桥”我们买了有6年了,
and on the East Coast, we are pretty much the only ones that jump from a bridge.
在东海岸,我们几乎是唯一一个在桥上蹦极的地方。
Bungee jumping from bridges is the best way to do it;
从桥上蹦极是最好的蹦极方式;
that's where bungee jumping came from originally was from bridges;
蹦极这项运动最初就是在桥上进行的;
and most bridges have that scenic natural environment, which is a lot nicer than a parking lot.
而且大多数桥都有风景优美的自然环境,比停车场好多了。

1

Because we own this bridge, we've been able to create the perfect environment for bungee jumping.

因为这座桥已经是我们的了,所以我们能够打造一个完美的蹦极环境。
We have the skill and the ability to make people feel confident and comfortable.
我们有技术也有能力给大家创造自信和舒适的感觉。
You know, we love what we do, we wanna see everybody jump and have a great time.
我们热爱我们所做的这件事,我们也希望大家在我们这儿都能玩儿地开心。
Yeah we'll get started, and have fun.
那我们就开始吧,祝大家玩得开心。
We get every single type of person you can imagine up here.
上来我们这儿玩儿的,什么样儿的人都有。
You get people that came out here thinking, “I'd never do this,”
有的人刚来的时候还觉得,“我坚决不蹦,”
they came out to watch their friend,
他们来只是为了看朋友蹦,
the next thing you know, they're jumping off of the bridge three times, you know.
结果嘛,他们自己蹦三次的有。
It is a very safe activity and allows people to push their limits.
蹦极这项活动其实是很安全的,它能给人们一个挑战自我极限的机会。
When we're out here, it puts you in a place that's just focused on the moment;
在这里的时候,它会让你专注于当下;
you're not thinking about the bills; you're not thinking about relationships;
让你暂时地忘掉你的账单;忘掉人际关系;
you're not thinking about anything
忘掉一切,
but what's happening to you and what you're seeing right in front of you.
你的心里只有当下发生的事,以及你当下看到的景色。
I mean, those seconds, they're slow seconds, they seem longer.
那几秒过得很慢,你会觉得很漫长。
Everything slows down, it's a time,
一切都慢了下来,虽然只是一会儿,
a short time but it is a time that I can just focus on the moment.
一小会儿,但这段时间我可以专注于当下。
I don't really ever wanna stop so.
我真的永远都不想停止这项运动。
Even when you're 80 years old, you want to keep going? If I can, yeah.
即便已经80岁了,你还会想继续蹦吗?如果还能蹦的话,就继续。
I don't see a day that I'm gonna stop bungee jumping, and I don't think my partners will either.
我想我永远也不会停止蹦极,我的这几个朋友,他们也不会。
We're gonna jump as much as we can until we can't anymore.
我们会一直蹦下去,直到我们蹦不动为止。
Coming up on 30 years and going on 40 or 50.
未来30年,40或50年都会一直蹦下去。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vertigo ['və:tigəu]

想一想再看

n. 眩晕

联想记忆
sanctuary ['sæŋktjuəri]

想一想再看

n. 圣所,耶路撒冷的神殿,至圣所

联想记忆
carnival ['kɑ:nivəl]

想一想再看

n. 嘉年华会,狂欢节,饮晏狂欢

联想记忆
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
confident ['kɔnfidənt]

想一想再看

adj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的
a

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。