手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

让你焦虑的6件事情

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's normal to get anxious at times whether it's before a big test or for a job interview

在大型考试或工作面试之前感到焦虑,这很正常
but do you feel anxious often without knowing what's causing it?
但是你会不会无缘无故感到焦虑呢?
When you lead a busy life you can come across many different factors that trigger those racing pulses
繁忙的生活会让你遇到很多触发脉搏疯狂跳动的不同因素
but the more you understand the common causes, the easier it is to manage them.
但是你对这些普遍的原因了解越多,就越容易控制它们。
Here are six situations that can give you anxiety.
以下是会让你焦虑的6种情况。
1. Caffeine.
1. 咖啡因。
Do you have hard time starting the day without a cup of coffee or resort to energy drinks when you're pulling all-nighters?
早上不喝一杯咖啡,这一天都感觉不好?加班加点的工作就靠功能饮料了?
Caffeine can be incredibly addictive when we rely on it in order to function.
但当我们为了工作而依赖咖啡时,咖啡因非常容易上瘾。
But studies have shown that patients with social anxiety or panic disorder are more sensitive to caffeine.
但研究表明患有社会焦虑症或恐慌症的病人对咖啡因更加敏感。
On the contrary some patients with obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD can actually benefit from caffeine.
相反一些患有强迫症(OCD)的病人能从咖啡因中获益。
We recommend that you pay close attention to how your body reacts the next time you have a caffeinated drink.
我们建议下一次你在喝含咖啡因饮料的时候,密切注意一下。
If you feel more anxious, it's best to swap your Starbucks latte for a soothing cup of water
如果你觉得更加焦虑,那么你最好把拿铁换成一杯水。
2. Parties.
2. 聚会。
This is especially common if you have social anxiety
如果你有社交焦虑中,这一点尤为普遍。
What's more daunting than entering a crowded room full of strangers?
还有什么比走进一个挤满陌生人的房间更让人怯步的呢?
Just the loud music and chaos can get your heart racing and if you're self-conscious you might worry about
仅仅是吵闹的音乐和混乱就会让你心跳加快,如果你感到难为情,你或许会担心
whether you're going to embarrass yourself or make a wrong first impression.
你会不会让自己难看或是留下不好的印象。
Although you could avoid parties by using excuses to stay at home there's only so many times that that actually works.
虽然你可以找借口避免聚会待在家中,但不能反复使用这一招。
What happens when your best friend hosts a wedding party or it's your cousin's 21st birthday party?
如果你最好的朋友要结婚或是你的表亲过21岁生日怎么办?
One helpful tip is to show up early so you can adjust to the environment and get to know a few new faces before it becomes too overwhelming.
一条有效的小建议是早点去,这样你就可以让自己适应环境,并在其他人纷纷而至之前认识几个新面孔。
3. Public bathrooms.
3. 公共卫生间。

让你焦虑的6件事情.jpg

This is actually a social phobia the term for it is called paruresis or otherwise known as bashful bladder syndrome, BBS.

这其实是一种社交恐惧症,其术语是膀胱害羞症或膀胱害羞综合征(BBS)。
People who grew up with overly critical parents, bullying
父母过度苛刻、遭遇霸凌
or a traumatic event involving the inability to urinate when they were supposed to may develop this phobia.
或创伤事件(包括无法小便)的人,他们可能会得这种恐惧症。
Common treatment for it is graduated exposure therapy where the individual works with a behavior therapist
常用治疗方法是暴露疗法,病人接受行为治疗师的治疗
and gradually uses public bathrooms in difficult situations.
并逐步在不同场合使用公共卫生间。
4. Public speak.
4. 公众演讲。
Ever experience stage fright right before competition, live performance or presentation?
在比赛、演出或演讲之前怯场?
Unfortunately, we can't graduate school without building our public speaking skills and it doesn't stop there.
不幸的是,我们要毕业就必须建立自己的公众演讲技能且不止于此。
In the work world, we are asked to speak in front of others whether it's for public events or conferences.
在工作中,我们也被要求在其他人面前演讲,如公共活动或会议演讲。
To alleviate some of the anxiety, you can ask your friends and family to give you pep talks
为了消除一些焦虑,你可以让你的朋友和家人陪你做准备练习
or treat yourself to a cute outfit because when you look good you also feel good.
或是给自己准备一件可爱的装备,因为好看的你,自我感觉也会很棒。
On the day before your public performance, you can also try Amy Cuddy's power poses that she demonstrates in her TED talk.
在你演讲的前一天,你可以尝试一下Amy Cuddy在TED演讲中提到的能量姿势。
It's totally worth checking out if you want to build self-confidence, it's one of my favorite TED Talks.
如果你想建立自信,这个值得一试,这也是我最喜欢的TED演讲之一。
5. Eating in front of others.
5. 在人前吃饭。
Having social anxiety isn't just about being nervous in front of new people,
患有社会焦虑症的人不仅仅在不认识的人前紧张,
sometimes it also means being afraid to eat or drink in public.
有时还害怕在公众面前吃东西或喝水。
This can be especially difficult during holiday gatherings or dinner dates.
在假日聚会或晚餐约会时尤为困难。
Common concerns include looking unattractive while eating, spilling a drink and choking in front of others.
通常会担心自己吃饭的样子不好看、把水给打翻了或是在别人面前噎着了。
One helpful treatment method is cognitive behavioral therapy CBT
一个有效的治疗方法是认知行为治疗(CBT)
where you can train to replace your negative thoughts with rational thinking.
你可以练习着用理性思维替换你的负面想法。
And you know what, you probably look really cute when you eat. Shout out to all the wonderful mukbang videos on YouTube.
说不定你吃饭的样子很可爱呢,想想那些油管上的那些吃播视频。
6. Stating your real opinions.
6. 陈述自己的真实想法。
Are you a people pleaser who worries about hurting other people's feelings or often agree with others just to avoid conflict.
你是那种害怕伤害别人的感情或者经常为了避免冲突而同意别人想法的讨好者吗?
Social anxiety can cause the individual to hold back their honest opinions
社会焦虑可以让一个人抑制住自己真实的观点
whether it's not speaking up about a problem or not revealing your romantic feelings to your crush.
比如避免说出这个问题或是不向自己喜欢的人透露心中的想法。
People who have anxiety over these situations are usually afraid that they might come across harsh or fear that others will reject them.
对以上情景焦虑的人通常害怕被拒绝。
To reduce these stressful feelings you can practice gathering your thoughts ahead of time,
为了减少这种紧张的感觉,你可以练习提前收集自己的想法,
create discussions more than debates and remember that people's memories are short anyway.
进行讨论而不是辩论,记住人类的记忆是很短的。
Which of these situations make you anxious?
上述哪些情景让你焦虑?
Think you might have anxiety? Check out our video here to learn about the subtle signs. Thanks for watching.
觉得自己的有焦虑症?查看该处视频了解更多细微的迹象。感谢收看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
overwhelming ['əuvə'welmiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 势不可挡的,压倒的

 
performance [pə'fɔ:məns]

想一想再看

n. 表演,表现; 履行,实行
n. 性能,本

联想记忆
unattractive

想一想再看

adj. 不吸引人注意的;没有魅力的;不美丽的

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
harsh [hɑ:ʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,使人不舒服的,刺耳的,严厉的,大约的

 
embarrass [im'bærəs]

想一想再看

vt. 使为难,使窘迫,使尴尬
vi. 窘迫

联想记忆
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
critical ['kritikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的
a

 
therapy ['θerəpi]

想一想再看

n. 疗法,治疗

 
replace [ri(:)'pleis]

想一想再看

vt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。