6 February,1945
1945年2月6日
Darling, darling, darling.
亲爱的,
This is what I have been waiting for, your freedom left me dumb and choked up,but now, oh now, I feel released.
我日思夜想,终将成真,你追求自由,让我无所适从,但现在我终于解放了。
Oh Christopher, my dear, dear man, it is so,so wonderful.You are coming home.
噢,克里斯托弗,亲爱的,这太好了,你终于要回家了。
Golly, I shall have to be careful, all this excitement is almost too much for my body.
不过我得多加小心,我这身体,已经承受不住太过兴奋。
You must be careful too, darling,
亲爱的,你也要多加小心,
all this on top of what you have been through, it is difficult to keep it down,but,
你所经历的种种,很难压抑,
you can’t help the excited twinges in your midriff, can you,
但是...这消息兴奋得令人胃疼不是吗?
do keep well,angel,
我的天使,你要保重身体。
I shall have to say that to myself as well.
我不得不对我自己也说那句话。
Marriage?
结婚?
my sweet, yes I agree, what you wish, I wish.
我的甜心,是的,我愿意,你的想法就是我的想法。
Whilst you are afraid, you will not be happy, we must get rid of these fears between us.
你担心未来也许会不快乐,我们必须摆脱恐惧,
Also confidentially, I too am a little scared -
偷偷告诉你,我也有点害怕!
everything in letters appears larger than life size,
信里的内容似乎都已超越生命的长度,
like my photograph, it didn’t show the white hairs beneath the dark, the decaying teeth, the darkening skin,
就好像我的照片,看不出白发。因为藏在黑发之下,也看不见退化的牙齿,变黑的皮肤。
I think of my nasty characteristics, my ordinariness.
想着自己外表平凡,日益丑陋。
Yes, I too feel a little afraid.
是的,我也感到有些恐惧。
Still I can’t be bothered with that now, for we are going to meet, does anything else matter Chris?
不过,我现在不能为此而烦恼,因为我们即将相见,你觉得这些还重要吗?克里斯?
Oh dear dear me, plan a week somewhere, bonk, up comes my heart, a week somewhere, by the sea, with you.
亲爱的,我们找个地方共度一周吧,嘭!想想就很激动,与你去海边共度一周,
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!