手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 心理科学秀 > 正文

为什么表达情绪很重要

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Everyone feels things.

每个人都对事物有情绪。
And sometimes, those emotions are so strong that you just want to laugh or cry or scream.
有时这些情绪非常强烈,以至于你只想大笑、哭泣或尖叫。
But then you think better of it, right?
但你重新考虑后不会这样做,对吧?
Well, as cheesy and New-Agey as it might sound, it's often healthy to just let those feelings out.
这听起来可能蹩脚新奇,但把这些感觉发泄出来通常有益健康。
There's evidence that expressing your emotions, and connecting with the emotions of others,
有证据表明,表达你的情绪,并与他人的情绪相连,
is good for you, both physically and mentally.
对你的身心健康有益。
Bottling your feelings up might seem like a good idea at the time,
压抑自己的情绪在当时可能是个好主意,
but studies suggest that's not a healthy way to deal with emotions.
但研究表明,这不是一种处理情绪的健康方法。
For example, in a study of 111 people in 2013,
例如,在2013年对111人的研究中,
researchers found a small, positive correlation between a person's score on an emotional suppression scale and their mortality risk,
研究人员发现,一个人在情绪抑制量表上的得分与其死亡风险存在一种微小的正相关关系,
basically, how likely they were to die for any reason.
它主要是指他们死于任何原因的可能性有多大。
It's not clear exactly how suppressing emotion might lead to your death,
尽管我们还没完全弄清楚压抑情绪是如何导致死亡的,
but it could be that it makes it more likely you'll choose "unhealthy" outlets for your feelings, like smoking.
但它会让你更有可能选择“不健康”的发泄方式,比如吸烟。
And other research has linked how you handle angry and hurt feelings to aggressive behavior,
其他研究将你如何处理愤怒和受伤的感觉与攻击性行为联系起来,
which is also generally not great for your overall wellbeing.
这对你的整体健康也没什么好处。
Aggressive and angry people are more likely to suffer from coronary heart diseases
例如,好斗和愤怒的人更容易患上冠心病,
and are at higher risk of heart attacks, for example.
他们心脏病发作的风险更高。
On top of that, aggression is linked to higher rates of anxiety and depression.
最重要的是,攻击性与较高水平的焦虑和抑郁有关。
And while it might seem obvious that people who aren't great at controlling their anger
虽然很明显,那些不善于控制自己愤怒的人
are more likely to experience aggressive outbursts,
更有可能经历攻击性爆发,
it turns out that folks who try to suppress their angry feelings too much can also end up being more aggressive.
但事实证明,那些试图过多压抑自己愤怒情绪的人最终也会变得更加好斗。
Researchers think this might be because suppressing your negative feelings makes you feel worse in the long run,
研究人员认为,这可能是因为压抑消极情绪会让你长期感觉糟糕,
which in turn makes it harder for you to make good decisions and pushes away the people who care about you.
它反过来又会让你更难做出正确决定,并将那些关心你的人拒之门外。
And other studies have connected emotional expression, or lack thereof,
而其他的研究则将情感表达或缺乏情感表达
to all sorts of things that can influence your health and relationships, like anxiety and stress or risk-taking.
与所有能影响你健康和人际关系的事情,比如焦虑、紧张或冒险联系起来。
And it's not just about how often you're laughing or crying,
恰当的情绪表达不仅仅是指你笑或哭的频率,
appropriate emotional expression is also about perceiving the emotions of other people.
也包含对他人情绪的感知。
This is sort of summarized by a psychological concept called emotional intelligence.
这可以用一个叫做情商的心理学概念来概括。
A person's emotional intelligence includes their ability to interpret and control their own emotions,
人们的情商是他们理解和控制自己情绪、
as well as recognizing and understanding the emotions of others.
以及察觉和理解他人情绪的能力。
It isn't just a psychological concept; researchers are actually trying to study the underlying neuroscience as well.
它不仅仅是一个心理学概念;研究人员实际也在研究其潜在的神经科学。
So far, emotional intelligence been connected to activity in the brain areas involved in the circuits that process emotions,
到目前为止,(研究表明)情商与大脑区域的活动有关,这些区域包含处理情绪的回路,
like the amygdala, prefrontal cortex, and anterior cingulate cortex.
比如杏仁体、前额皮质和前扣带皮层。
And while emotional intelligence has become kind of buzzwordy in the business world these days,
如今,情商已经成为商界的一种时髦用语,
unlike many fad terms, there's actually some good science behind it.
与许多时尚术语不同,它背后其实有一些很好的科学依据。
Higher scores on measures of emotional intelligence are linked to better mental and physical health.
情商测试得分越高,表明精神和身体健康状况越好。
And your emotional intelligence can dramatically affect your communication with others,
而且你的情商会极大地影响你与他人的交流,
whether they be friends, family, or even business partners.
不管是与朋友、家人亦或是生意伙伴的交流。
That's because emotions provide important data and context that influence your interactions with other people,
这是因为情绪提供了重要的数据和背景,影响着你与他人的互动,
says psychologist David Caruso.
心理学家大卫·卡鲁索说。

cry.png

He told SciShow that emotional intelligence is an ability, basically, it's a skill that can help you communicate better.

他告诉“科学秀”节目,情商是一种能力,它基本上是一种能帮助你更好沟通的技能。
When you're in touch with your own emotions, you're not only better able to manage them,
当你与自己的情绪接触时,你不仅能更好地控制它们,
you're also better able to empathize with the emotional experiences of others.
还能更好地理解他人的情感体验。
Which can help you develop better relationships in business and at home.
这可以帮助你在商界和家庭中建立更好的关系。
And ultimately, that means a healthier, happier life.
最终,这意味着更健康、更幸福的生活。
But not all of us are great with our feelings.
但并不是所有的人都对自己的情绪满意。
And if you're one of those people who doesn't deal with emotions well, I have some good news.
如果你是那种不善于处理情绪的人,我为你提供一些好消息。
While psychologists may debate whether or not you can really "get better" at emotional intelligence,
虽然心理学家们可能会争论你是否真的能提高情商,
research has found that training can improve your ability to identify and manage emotions.
但研究发现,训练可以提高你识别和管理情绪的能力。
And according to Caruso, there are definitely strategies you can use
按照卡鲁索的说法,你绝对可以使用一些策略
to make it easier to use emotional information when communicating.
让情绪信息在沟通时更容易使用。
An example would be to create a list of questions to ask yourself in any given situation, to help read the emotional setting,
举个例子,在任何特定情况下,你都可以问自己一些问题来帮助了解情绪背景,
like "How do I feel?" "Why do I feel that way?"
比如“我感觉如何?”“为什么我有这种感觉?”
"What is the other person feeling right now?", and then use that information to help you make decisions.
“另一个人现在是什么感觉?”然后利用这些信息帮你做决定。
You can also work on your emotional vocabulary, and think carefully about the words you're using.
你也可以增加你的情绪词汇量,仔细考虑你正在使用的词汇。
Rather than saying that you hate broccoli, which indicates a very strong emotion, try saying you dislike it instead.
与其说你“hate”(暗示一种强烈的情感)花椰菜,不如试着说你“dislike”它。
This prevents overusing strong emotional words, which can take away from their meaning.
这可以防止你过度使用强烈的情感词汇,而这些词汇可能会影响它们的含义。
And as Caruso pointed out to us, sometimes it's a good thing to do a little suppressing.
正如卡鲁索指出的,有时候做一点儿抑制是好事。
Not all emotions are appropriate for all situations,
不是所有情绪都适合所有的情况,
and being able to navigate emotions in a social or professional setting is part of this important skill.
能够在社会或专业环境中驾驭情绪是这一重要技能的一部分。
But emotions are an unavoidable part of life; they're part of what it means to be human.
但是情绪是生活中不可避免的一部分,它们是人类本性的一部分。
So even though we're often expected to cover up how we're really feeling,
所以即使我们经常被要求掩盖自己真实的感觉,
research is showing that being open to your emotions and those of others can improve relationships and individual health.
但研究表明,对自己和他人的情绪保持开放的心态可以改善人际关系和个人健康。
Maybe it's about time we all had a good cry and started opening up about our feelings a little bit more.
也许我们该好好哭一场,多说点儿自己的感受了。
Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Psych!
感谢您收看本期的心理科学秀!
If you have young people in your life who you want to share SciShow with,
如果你想和生活中的年轻人分享科学秀,
we have a SciShow channel just for kids!
我们有一个儿童科学秀频道!
Check out this recent video on why we cry when we're sad.
你可以看看最近的视频“我们为什么在悲伤时哭泣”。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
unhealthy [ʌn'helθi]

想一想再看

adj. 不健康的,不卫生的,病态的,危险的

 
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
stress [stres]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,压力
v. 强调,着重

 
ultimately ['ʌltimitli]

想一想再看

adv. 最后,最终

 
intelligence [in'telidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 理解力,智力
n. 情报,情报工作,情报

联想记忆
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
concept ['kɔnsept]

想一想再看

n. 概念,观念

 
unavoidable [.ʌnə'vɔidəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可避免的

 
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。