手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

很快你就能从网络下载打印你的衣服了!

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

In the past few months, I've been traveling for weeks at a time with only one suitcase of clothes.

过去几个月中,我一直在旅行,一次就好几个礼拜,只带一手提箱的衣服。
One day, I was invited to an important event, and I wanted to wear something special and new for it.
有一天,我被邀请去参加一个重要的活动,我想要为这个活动穿戴一些特别的服饰。
So I looked through my suitcase and I couldn't find anything to wear.
所以我翻遍了我的手提箱,但却找不到一件可以穿的。
I was lucky to be at the technology conference on that day, and I had access to 3D printers.
很幸运,在那一天我被邀请参加科技论坛,有机会接触到了3D打印机。
So I quickly designed a skirt on my computer, and I loaded the file on the printer.
所以我很快就在电脑上设计了一条裙子,然后我把它上传到打印机。
It just printed the pieces overnight.
过了一个晚上就打印好了。
The next morning, I just took all the pieces, assembled them together in my hotel room,
隔天早上,我就拿到全部部件了,我在饭店房间把它们拼凑起来,
and this is actually the skirt that I'm wearing right now.
也就是我现在正在穿的这条。
So it wasn't the first time that I printed clothes.
但这不是我第一次打印服装了。
For my senior collection at fashion design school, I decided to try and 3D print an entire fashion collection from my home.
为了完成我在时尚设计学校的高年级服饰作品,我决定在家里尝试3D打印出我所有的服装设计作品。
The problem was that I barely knew anything about 3D printing,
问题是,我一点都不懂3D打印。
and I had only nine months to figure out how to print five fashionable looks.
而我只有9个月的时间来打印出五件看上去还算流行的服饰。
I always felt most creative when I worked from home.
我总觉得在家工作时最有灵感。
I loved experimenting with new materials,
我喜欢实验新的材质,
and I always tried to develop new techniques to make the most unique textiles for my fashion projects.
而且我总是尝试研发新的技术,来为我的时尚课题打造最独特的布料。
I loved going to old factories and weird stores in search of leftovers of strange powders and weird materials,
我喜欢去旧工厂和猎奇杂货店,去找各种少见的粉末和材质的边角料,
and then bring them home to experiment on. As you can probably imagine, my roommates didn't like that at all.
然后把它们带回家做实验。你们大概可以想像,我的室友对此很不爽。
So I decided to move on to working with big machines, ones that didn't fit in my living room.
所以我决定用大型机器进行尝试,每一台都大到无法放进我房间。
I love the exact and the custom work I can do with all kinds of fashion technologies,
我喜欢所有时尚科技带给我的精密及个性化的工作,
like knitting machines and laser cutting and silk printing.
像是纺织机、激光切割和丝绸打印。
One summer break, I came here to New York for an internship at a fashion house in Chinatown.
有一个暑假,我来到纽约中国城的一间流行服饰店做实习工作。
We worked on two incredible dresses that were 3D printed.
我们3D打印了两件无与伦比的婚纱作品。
They were amazing -- like you can see here. But I had a few issues with them.
就如你们所看到的,它们真的很惊艳。但我对它们不是很满意。
They were made from hard plastics and that's why they were very breakable.
它们是由硬塑料制成的,所以非常的容易碎裂。
The models couldn't sit in them, and they even got scratched from the plastics under their arms.
模特儿不能坐在婚纱上面,她们的手臂下方甚至会被塑料刮伤。
With 3D printing, the designers had so much freedom to make the dresses look exactly like they wanted,
3D打印技术的确给了设计师们很大的自由空间,可以让婚纱看起来与他们构想中的一模一样,
but still, they were very dependent on big and expensive industrial printers that were located in a lab far from their studio.
但他们仍需依靠大型且昂贵的打印机器来实现这一切,而且这些机器离他们的工作室很远。
Later that year, a friend gave me a 3D printed necklace, printed using a home printer.
那年晚些时候,有一个朋友给了我一条3D打印的项链,它是用家用的打印机打印的。
I knew that these printers were much cheaper and much more accessible than the ones we used at my internship.
我知道这些打印机比较便宜,比起我当实习生时的那几台机器,家用的也更好操作。
So I looked at the necklace, and then I thought,
我盯着项链看,然后就想,
"If I can print a necklace from home, why not print my clothes from home, too?"
“如果我可以在家里打印一条项链,那为什么不在家里也打印我的服饰?”
I really liked the idea that I wouldn't have to go to the market and pick fabrics that someone else chose to sell
我真的很喜欢这个想法--我不用再去商店买别人挑来卖的布料,
I could just design them and print them directly from home.
我只要在家里设计,然后把它们直接打印出来就可以了。

很快你就能从网络下载打印你的衣服了!

I found a small makerspace, where I learned everything I know about 3D printing.

我找到一个小型创作者工作室,在那里学到了所有我需要的3D打印技术。
Right away, they literally gave me the key to the lab, so I could experiment into the night, every night.
很快地,他们直接给了我实验室的钥匙,所以我可以每一个晚上钻研到深夜。
The main challenge was to find the right filament for printing clothes with.
主要的挑战是,要找到正确的丝料来印衣服。
So what is a filament? Filament is the material you feed the printer with.
那什么是丝料呢?丝料就是一种你喂给打印机的材料。
And I spent a month or so experimenting with PLA, which is a hard and scratchy, breakable material.
我花了一个月的时间用PLA做实验,它是一种很硬又容易碎裂的材料。
The breakthrough came when I was introduced to Filaflex, which is a new kind of filament.
而当我了解了Filaflex后,就有了突破性的进展,Filaflex是一种新型丝料。
It's strong, yet very flexible. And with it, I was able to print the first garment,
它很结实,但也很有弹性。有了它,我就可以打印我的第一件衣服了,
the red jacket that had the word "Liberte" -- "freedom" in French -- embedded into it.
这件红色夹克有个名字叫Liberte--在法语中是“自由”的意思--被融入了我的这个设计中。
I chose this word because I felt so empowered and free when I could just design a garment from my home and then print it by myself.
我选择这个字的原因是:当我可以在家设计并打印自己的衣服时,我觉得很有自主性,也很自由。
And actually, you can easily download this jacket, and easily change the word to something else.
实际上,你可以直接下载这件夹克,还可以随意把里面的字换成其他东西。
For example, your name or your sweetheart's name.
例如,你自己的名字或你心爱的人的名字。
So the printer plates are small, so I had to piece the garment together, just like a puzzle.
打印机的工作平台很小,所以我必须把它们拼凑起来,就像拼图一样。
And I wanted to solve another challenge.
而我还想解决另一项挑战。
I wanted to print textiles that I would use just like regular fabrics.
我想打印纺织物,而且能像一般的布料一样使用它们。
That's when I found an open-source file from an architect who designed a pattern that I love.
我找到了一份开源资料档案,它是由一个建筑师设计的,这图案我很喜欢。
And with it, I was able to print a beautiful textile that I would use just like a regular fabric.
有了它,我就可以打印出漂亮的纺织品,就如同使用一般的布料一样。
And it actually even looks a little bit like lace.
它看起来甚至有点像蕾丝。
So I took his file and I modified it, and changed it, played with it -- many kinds of versions out of it.
于是,我参考了他的资源档,试着变更并改良它--我折腾出了很多种类的版本。
And I needed to print another 1,500 more hours to complete printing my collection.
我还需要额外的1500小时来打印完成我的作品。
So I brought six printers to my home and just printed 24-7.
所以我买了6台打印机回家,每天24小时不停地打印。
And this is actually a really slow process, but let's remember the Internet was significantly slower 20 years ago,
这真是一个很漫长的过程,但不要忘了,20年前的互联网也是相当慢的,
so 3D printing will also accelerate and in no time you'll be able to print a T-Shirt in your home
所以3D打印也会实现加速,而你在不久的将来就能在家里打印你的体恤衫,
in just a couple of hours, or even minutes.
只要几小时,甚至几分钟。
So you guys, you want to see what it looks like? Yeah!
那么各位想看看它长什么样子吗?想!
Rebecca is wearing one of my five outfits.
现在Rebecca正穿着我五件设计中的一件。
Almost everything here she's wearing, I printed from my home. Even her shoes are printed. Wow! Cool!
她身上穿的每样东西几乎都是我在家打印出来的,连她的鞋子也是。哇!酷!
Thank you, Rebecca. Thank you, guys.
谢谢你,Rebecca。谢谢各位。
So I think in the future, materials will evolve, and they will look and feel like fabrics we know today, like cotton or silk.
所以我认为将来材质会不断进化,而且它们看起来、感觉起来会很像我们已知的布料,比如棉花或丝绸。
Imagine personalized clothes that fit exactly to your measurements.
想像一下,你设计的个性化服饰将完全合身。
Music was once a very physical thing.
音乐曾经也是一种实体。
You would have to go to the record shop and buy CDs,
你必须去音像店里买CD碟,
but now you can just download the music -- digital music -- directly to your phone.
但现在你可以直接下载数码音乐到你的手机里。
Fashion is also a very physical thing.
流行时尚也是一种实体。
And I wonder what our world will look like when our clothes will be digital, just like this skirt is. Thank you so much.
而我很想知道,当我们的衣服全部数码化之后,就像这条裙子,我们的世界将会怎样?非常谢谢你们。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
puzzle ['pʌzl]

想一想再看

n. 谜,难题,迷惑
vt. 使困惑,使为难<

 
flexible ['fleksəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 灵活的,易弯曲的,柔韧的,可变通的

联想记忆
dependent [di'pendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 依靠的,依赖的,从属的
n.

联想记忆
fabric ['fæbrik]

想一想再看

n. 织物,结构,构造
vt. 构筑

 
evolve [i'vɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 进展,进化,展开

联想记忆
fashionable ['fæʃənəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,时髦的

联想记忆
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
accessible [æk'sesəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可得到的,易接近的,可进入的

联想记忆
architect ['ɑ:kitekt]

想一想再看

n. 建筑师

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。