This is my friend Laura, and she's 80 years old. And this is my friend Tiffany, and she is 26. And we live in a retirement community.
这是我朋友劳拉,她已经80岁了。这是我朋友蒂芙妮,她26岁。我们都住在一个退休社区里。
I'm a part of of the Artist-in-Residence program at Judson Manor,
我是贾德森庄园“进驻乐手项目”的成员。
which is a residential program where young musicians get to live here rent-free in exchange for performing recitals and concerts.
这个项目允许从事音乐的年轻人通过独奏或者音乐会换取在庄园免费租住的机会。
When I tell people I live in a retirement community, I get a lot of mixed reactions.
当我告诉别人我住在退休社区时,大家的反应是各式各样的。
Some people don't believe me, other people think it's a wonderful idea.
有人觉得我是在开玩笑,有人则觉得住在退休社区是一个好办法。
I had not been a part of this community more than two days
我加入这个社区才不到两天,
I was in the lobby and they told me about Tiffany,
在大厅的时候她们跟我提到了蒂芙妮
and I walked over and introduced myself, and I said, "Do you like dogs?" Oh, she loves dogs.
我就走过去跟我自我介绍,我问“你喜欢狗吗?”哈,她可喜欢狗了。
And Tiffany and I became friends, we just formed a friendship.
我俩就成了朋友,我俩就这么成了好朋友。
We'll talk about art, we talk about clothes.
我们会聊艺术,聊衣服。
I don't wear fashionable shoes anymore, but Tiffany does, and we talk about shoes.
我已经不穿花哨的鞋子了,但蒂芙妮会,我们也会聊鞋。
Laura, to me, is like a grandma, and also a friend, and a confidante.
劳拉对我来说,既像一位奶奶,又像朋友,又像闺蜜。
I don't think the age difference is something that I am constantly thinking about, or that I'm aware of.
我觉得,我并不会经常注意到我俩的年龄差异,甚至根本就没察觉到。
You don't think, oh, I'm having dinner with this 100-year-old and this 90-year old, I'm having dinner with my friend Laura and Sarah.
你不会想着,噢,我是在跟一位百岁老人或者90岁高龄的人吃饭啊,我就是在跟我朋友劳拉和莎拉吃饭而已。
In a way it is almost like being in a college dorm
从某种程度上来讲,这里有种大学宿舍的感觉,
with the fact that there are so many people here from different places, from different backgrounds.
大家都来自不同的地方,有着不一样的背景。
It might be a little bit quieter than a normal college dorm, but I think we still have just as much fun.
这里或许比一般大学宿舍安静一些,但这里的欢乐并不比大学宿舍少。