手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

用望远镜为孩子打开科学的大门

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I think it's important to educate as many kids as possible in this part of the world about science.

在我看来,尽可能多教教这个地方的孩子科学知识是非常重要的,
and especially girls, because we do not have enough scientists who are women.
尤其是这里的女孩儿,因为这里很少出过女科学家。
Ever look through one of these?
用过这种望远镜吗?
In parts of Africa, chances are most likely no.
在非洲很多地方,大家的回答很可能是没有。
This stargazer wanted to change that.
这位天文学家决心改变这种局面。
My name is Susan Murabana. I'm an astronomer.
我是苏珊·莫若班纳,我是一名天文学家。
I think Africa needs more scientists, and especially scientists who will stay in the continent
我觉得非洲需要更多的科学家,尤其是愿意留在这片土地的科学家,
because that way we'll create scientific solutions to our problems.
因为这样我们才能想出科学的办法来解决我们的问题。
So, how do you get more young Africans to be scientists?
那怎样才能让更多的非洲孩子成为科学家呢?
Get them to become stargazers, first.
首先,让他们认识宇宙的样子。
But Houston, we might have a problem.
但休斯顿,我们可能遇到麻烦了。
Telescopes are limited in Kenya, very limited in Kenya.
肯尼亚的天文望远镜数量有限,非常非常有限。
So, how do you get around that?
那你怎么处理这个问题的?
A traveling telescope.
我有“移动望远镜”。
Ah, and who's he?
这样啊,他是何方神圣?
3

Chu, my husband, he is also an astronomer.

这是我丈夫楚,他也是天文学家。
The idea of The Travelling Telescope was for us to make it easy for people to look through the telescope by us going to the people.
我们之所以想到做这个移动望远镜的项目是通过我们主动接近大家来让大家有更多的机会使用这款望远镜。
And once it's all packed, Susan and Chu load it up and off they go.
一切收拾妥当之后,苏珊和楚就出发了。
It's no easy task, but they've reached 40,000 students in the last three years.
这项任务并不容易,但在过去三年里,他们已经给4万名学生提供了观测机会。
Like these girls.
比如这些女孩儿。
We do viewings both during the day and at night.
我们白天晚上都会观测。
When we get to a venue, the kids see us and (say) "Is that the telescope?"
我们走到一个地方,孩子们看见了就会说,“那个就是那台望远镜吗?”
Yeah, it's so nice to see the reaction.
看到他们那种反应实在是太好了。
The moon looks brighter and bigger because it's closer to us. Ok?
月亮之所以看着更亮更大,是因为月亮此刻离我们更近,明白了吗?
And that's called a supermoon.
这就是传说中的“超级月亮”。
The main goal of The Travelling Telescope is to get as many young people as possible interested in science.
我们做这个项目,最主要的目标就是尽可能让更多的年轻人对科学感兴趣。
I want to be an engineer.
我想成为一名工程师。
I saw the moon for the first time through a telescope.
我第一次用望眼镜看了月亮。
It's amazing. It's cool.
这种感觉很棒,很帅。
I want to learn more about the moon, and I would like to go to space, also.
我想了解更多关于月亮的知识,将来也想去太空。
It makes me feel really nice to have young people think of science
让年轻人思考科学问题我感觉非常棒,
because I feel that science is the way we'll, you know, develop and develop in a sustainable way.
因为在我看来,科学才是我们发展乃至持续发展的道路。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
limited ['limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有限的,被限制的
动词limit的过

 
reaction [ri'ækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反应,反作用力,化学反应

联想记忆
astronomer [ə'strɔnəmə]

想一想再看

n. 天文学家

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。