Hi guys I'm Catie Wayne and this is animalist news!
大家好,我是凯蒂·维恩,这里是动物王国!
You may think that dinosaur relatives went extinct millions of years ago, but one lineage continues to live on.
你可能认为恐龙亲戚在几百万年前已经灭绝了,但他们有一支系仍在存活。
Feathered dinosaurs called maniraptorans evolved into the birds we know today.
被称为手盗龙,长有羽毛的恐龙演化成了我们今天所知的鸟类。
But why were birds the only animals to successfully transition from dinosaurs?
但是为什么鸟类是唯一成功从恐龙进化而来的动物呢?
Scientists from Oxford University think size is the key.
牛津大学的科学家认为身体大小是关键。
The group weighed hundreds of dinosaur bones from across the globe and estimated species sizes based on the leg bones.
该团队对全球数百块恐龙骨骼进行了称重,并根据腿骨估算每个物种的身体尺寸。
What they found is that all dinosaurs rapidly changed size and shape for their first few years of existence, but slowed or stopped eventually.
他们发现恐龙在其出现的最初几年,迅速调整了他们的体型和形状。但后来速度减慢,或最终停止。
However, the maniraptorans continued to shrink smaller for an additional one hundred and seventy million years.
然而,手盗龙在此后的1.7亿年间,继续收缩体型。
By doing this, bird relatives were able to adapt more quickly than other dinosaurs who soon died out.
这样,鸟类亲属,相比其他迅速灭绝的恐龙能够更快适应(环境)。
What's your favorite dinosaur?
你最喜欢哪种恐龙?
Let me know in the comments below!
请在下方评论中告诉我!
Be sure to check out these other videos and subscribe! Bye!
请观看和订阅我们的节目!再见!