These Santas are all really kids at heart.
这些圣诞老人都有一颗童心。
They like the fun and laughter that comes with it and making people happy;
他们喜欢这种心态带来的欢声笑语,喜欢给他人带来快乐。
that's why we're here.
这就是我们来这里的原因。
If you ask 'em why they are Santa, most of 'em will tell you because they enjoyed being a child,
要是问及为什么要当圣诞老人,大部分人都会说是因为他们喜欢孩童时代,
so they're going back to that. They're reliving their childhood.
所以他们就回到了那个时代,重温童年时光。
It's a wonderful thing.
这种感觉很美妙。
Welcome everyone to the Charles W. Howard 80th anniversary Santa Claus School.
欢迎来到查尔斯 W. 霍华德圣诞学校80周年校庆。
My name's Tom Valent.
我是汤姆·维伦。
I'm the Dean of the Charles W. Howard Santa Claus School in Midland, Michigan.
是密歇根米德兰镇查尔斯 W. 霍华德圣诞学校的校长。
This is the Harvard of Santa schools. This is the oldest-running Santa Claus school in the world.
我们学校是当今世界最古老的圣诞学校,所以算得上是圣诞学校中的哈佛。
It was started by Charlie Howard in 1937.
该校由查尔斯·霍华德创办于1937年。
At Santa Claus school we learn everything from beard keeping to personal hygiene.
在这所学校,我们什么都要学,留胡须要学,个人卫生也要学。
What we're gonna do, we're gonna start with a base.
这个妆要怎么话?首先是底妆。
To toy making, to what it feels like to ride on the Polar Express.
还要学习制作玩具,学习乘坐“极地特快”,
To flying the sleigh.
学习在雪橇上飞奔等等等等。
I want us to not be afraid of dance.
我希望大家不要害怕跳舞
Santa has to be healthy. He's a healthy outdoorsman.
圣诞老人要健康,他是一个健康的经常在野外活动的人。
If you're not healthy, you're gonna drift off, you're not gonna pay attention.
不健康的话,人就会变得迷迷糊糊的,就无法专心。
It's very important to have all the skills you can to be a great Santa,
要成为一个优秀的圣诞老人,具备所有这些技能是很重要的,
because the child is gonna remember this visit for the rest of your life.
因为孩子们会一辈子记得你的到访。
Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!
霍霍霍!圣诞快乐!
When Charlie had this school, he had three or four students, in good years, maybe 15 students.
刚成立这所学校的时候,查理只有三四个学生,好的时候也只有15个的样子。
This year, we have 214. It just grows.
今年我们有214名学生,学生数量一直在不断增长。
We have Santa's of course from almost every state in the United States.
我们的学生当中,美国基本上每个周都有一个。
We have around 20 Santas from Canada.
还有将近20个加拿大的。
We have three Santas from Denmark, one from Norway, and one from Germany.
三个丹麦的,一个挪威的,一个德国的。
There's a real sense of camaraderie in this school.
我们学校的学生之间非常友爱。
It's like this large Santa family coming together.
就像是一个圣诞老人大家庭。
They share stories, they learn from each other.
他们一起分享故事,相互学习
We want to be Santas to make people happy.
我们想当圣诞老人老人,想给大家带来快乐。
Well when we get together we're making each other happy.
在一起的时候,我们会逗彼此开心
I love it!
我喜欢这么做!
Once they leave this school,
毕业以后,
I hope that each and every Santa and Mrs. Claus goes out and spreads the spirit of Christmas,
我希望每一位圣诞老人,无论男女,都能够走出去传播圣诞精神
spreads the love and joy that we have here at this school,
传播这里的爱和欢乐,
and passes it on to all the little children, and all the families.
把爱和欢乐传递给每一个小孩每一个家庭。
When you give joy, you get it back two-fold.
给予他人欢乐,你会得到双倍的回报。