Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》!
This expression sounds like a lot of fun!
这个表达听起来好像很好玩!
To Play Up
渲染
But is this really about playing? Let's hear from Anna and Jonathan.
但它真的与玩耍有关吗?我们来听听安娜和乔纳森是怎么说的。
Jonathan, have I got news for you! Okay, what is it!
乔纳森,我有好消息要告诉你哦!好吧,什么呀?
My friend Raquel asked a lot of questions about you. I think she likes you.
我朋友拉克尔问了很多关于你的问题。我觉得她喜欢你呢。
Wow! That's great! I play up the fact that you are a musician.
哇哦!太棒了!我狠狠渲染了一下你是音乐家这个事儿。
Awesome! I knew this music degree would be useful one day!
棒极了!我就知道这个音乐学位迟早会派上用场!
To play up means to bring attention to something's importance.
“To play up”是指强调某件事的重要性。
You play up something when you want to persuade an audience to notice it.
你想让听众注意到某件事的时候,你就会渲染它。
You may also "play someone up," meaning to make that person seem especially good or important.
你还可以“渲染某个人”,意思是让这个人显得格外出色和重要。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!