I'm going to show you a simple way to prep asparagus.
今天我将给大家展示一种摘芦笋的方法
Take your spear.
把矛(芦笋)拿到手里
That's the good end. The nice juicy tip
这是好的一段,美味多汁的笋尖
And there's good eating all the way down the stalk.
沿着茎往下是可以食用的部分
But when you get to the end,
但是到根部的时候
there's a nasty hard woody bit here that you need to get rid of.
这部分则是不好的木质的,也就是需要掐掉的部分
So, the trick is to find the right place
所以,窍门就是要找到合适的部位来掐
where the good eating stops and the woody bit starts.
也就是食用的部分结束,木质部分开始的地方
And what you do, is hold the bottom firmly in this hand
大家需要做的就是仅仅地捏住芦笋根部
and you bend the top round like that.
把笋尖像这样往后折
And it snaps in exactly the right place.
它就会在刚刚合适的地方断掉
This bit goes in the bin.
这一段丢掉
This bit is all lovely. And can be, the whole thing can be eaten.
这一段是好的,可以,整段都是可以吃的
You can chop it, you can dice it, you can cook it like that.
可以切末,可以切块,也可以直接这样炒
Whatever you like.
怎么样都行
So, again. Take the bottom firmly in your right hand
再一次,右手仅仅捏住芦笋根部
and bend it round and it snaps.
往后折,断了
Now, the spears won't be the same length
摘掉之后的芦笋不会一样长
but you'll know that you've got full good eating out of both.
但是你会发现两条的口感一样好