This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Lucija. And I'm Kaveh.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是露西佳。我是卡维。
Kaveh, you know I was thinking about going on a trip soon. Is there a place I should definitely visit?
卡维,你知道我正在考虑近期旅行的事,有没有什么地方你觉得我必须去走一走的?
Well, if you want to travel internationally and still be able to talk with the locals, then you should go to England.
哦,如果你是想出国游,且希望与当地人交流无障碍的话,你应该去英国,
I've heard London is amazing.
我听说伦敦很棒。
Yeah, they do speak English. But their English is different!
是哦,他们确实是说英语,但是他们的英语不一样。
You're right. It is a little different. But with a few tips, you'll be able to manage.
对的,有一点点不同,但是掌握下面这几个小窍门,你就能应付自如啦。
There are key differences between the two "Englishes." Most noticeably, the vocabulary.
美式英语和英式英语之间有一些关键的不同,最明显的就是词汇。
American English and British English have different words that mean the same thing.
美式英语和英式英语用不同的词表达相同的意思。
You can usually tell what someone is talking about through the conversation. But it can be tricky and fun to figure it out.
通常可以从对话中了解到说话人说了什么,但是弄清楚之后是一件很棘手很好玩的事儿。
Like saying "lift" instead of "elevator." Or "tube" instead of "metro."
例如,电梯用lift而不是elevator. tube而不是metro表示地铁。
Football instead of "soccer." Flat instead of "apartment."
football而不是soccer表示足球。flat而不是apartment表示公寓。
Wow! We can do this all day.
哇哦!这个游戏可以玩一整天。
And of course there are differences in spelling!
当然,还有拼写方面的不同。
Ah, yes. The British put a "u" in words like COLOUR – COLOR, HONOUR –HONOR, and LABOUR – LABOR.
啊,是的。英式英语喜欢在单词中间加上“u”,例如:color – colour,honor – honour,labor – labour;
Use "s" instead of "z" in words like REALISE – REALIZE, ORGANISE – ORGANIZE, and ANALYSE – ANALYZE.
还喜欢用“s”代替“z”,例如:realize – realize,organize – organise,analyze – analyse。
And switch "er" with "re" in words like FIBRE – FIBER and CENTRE – CENTER.
还有就是将“er”调换顺序,变成“re”,例如:fiber – fibre,center – centre。
Exactly! But the most important thing to remember is that British English and American English are, after all, just plain old English.
完全正确!但最重要的是记住,英式英语和美式英语毕竟都只是普通的老式英语。