This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Lucija.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是露西佳。
And I'm Kaveh. Today we are going to talk about two words that may seem similar, but have slightly different meanings. Should and shall.
我是卡维,今天我们将探讨关于词形相似但意思稍有不同的两个词:should和shall。
Kaveh, which one shall we talk about first?
卡维,我们先讲哪个呢?
I think we should start with SHOULD.
我觉得我们应该先讲should。
Well, then that should be easy.
好的,那应该会比较简单。
Should expresses certainty or possibility.
should用来表述确定性或可能性。例如:
They should be here soon.
他们应该很快就到了。
It should be sunny tomorrow.
明天应该会是晴天。
We also use should to give advice or an opinion.
我们也用should来表达建议或意见。例如:
I think you should wear the red dress.
我觉得你应该穿红色的长裙。
You look tired, you should get more sleep.
你看起来很累,你应该多点睡眠。
How about shall?
那shall呢?
Shall expresses a higher level of obligation. It really indicates a promise.
Shall通常用来表述更高层次的义务,更确切地说有承诺的意思。
World leaders recently signed a global climate agreement.
近期各国领导人签署了全球气候协议,
An important article of the agreement contained the word shall instead of should.
协议的一项重要条款中就用了shall,而不是should。
Developed country parties shall continue taking the lead by understanding economy-wide absolute emission reduction targets.
发达国家缔约方应在充分了解整体经济绝对减排目标的条件下,继续发挥带头作用。
Leaders of developed countries were concerned that shall introduced new legal and financial requirements.
发达国家领导人担心这将会有新的法律和财政要求引入,
Shall had to be changed to should before the deal was signed.
在协议签署前,需将shall换成should。
That wasn't too difficult. Now Kaveh, is there anything else we should be talking about?
太难了,卡维,还有其他需要探讨的吗?
Nope. But we shall keep telling you more about grammar in our next episodes. And that's Everyday Grammar.
没有了,但在下期节目中我们将会探讨更多关于语法的知识。以上就是今天节目的所有内容。