Pharma is corporate healthcare and I don’t believe that healthcare should be a for profit business.
医药公司是合法化的医疗行业,但是我认为公司不应该通过医疗行业牟取暴利。
And unfortunately with pharma it totally is. Like this bozo - that pill that
很不幸,这些医药公司就是这样做的。
AIDS patients needed and this bozo raises the price from $12 a pill to what was it - $900
例如那些家伙把艾滋病病人所需要的药的价格从12美元竟然提高到了900美元,甚至是更荒谬的价格。
or something ridiculous. Well there you’ve got an example of private sector coming in
再举个例子,私有化领域的到来使他们不惜一切代价牟取暴利。
and making everything for profit. Always remember that there’s a difference – and this is
请永远记住其中的不同之处,这种做法是面对除了像特朗普那样的总裁以外的所有人。
for the people out there for these like CEOs like Trump that run. There’s a difference
政府和公司之间是不同的。
between government and a corporation. Corporations are for profit. That is all they’re for.
公司是为了利润,为股东们创造利润是他们的最终目的。
Turning out profit for the shareholders. Government is to provide services and that’s a different ballgame.
政府是给人们提供服务,这是一个不同点。
Providing services to being for profit. So you cannot run them the same way.
把提供服务变成牟取暴利,因此不能用相同的方式经营。
People are saying oh, run it like a private corporation. No. Private corporations are
人们说,啊,把它像私有企业那样经营。不,私有企业是为了利益,这就是你们今天看到的医疗行业商业化的样子。
for profit and that’s what you’re seeing in the healthcare industry today.
它是为了利益而创办的。
It’s being run for profit and I don’t think people’s health should be run for profit.
可是我认为人们的健康不应该建立在利益的前提下。
Certainly people don’t work in the industry should earn a living. No one is denying that.
当然,那些没有商业化的工作同样能维持生活。没有人否认这一点。
But when you read about the heads of these healthcares making what - $40 million a year – stock
但是当你读到医疗行业一年能赚4千万美元的头条时,他们哪里能有那么多钱以及他们根本就花不完,你会为这样的想法感到震惊。
options to where they have so much money they couldn’t spend it all. All at the sake of our health.
这一切都来自于健康。
Health should not be for profit. If you’re sick in a country like ours, it’s simple.
健康不应该用来牟利。如果你在类似于我们的国家里生病了,是很简单的。
You should have the ability to go see a doctor.
你有能力去找医生看病。
Everybody in this country deserves the same healthcare that congressmen get. How’s that.
在一个国家,每个人都值得得到跟国家议员一样的医疗待遇。你觉得呢?
Whatever congressmen get, you and I deserve the same thing. They should be no better or
不管怎样,国家议员能有的医疗水平,我和你也一样值得拥有。他们不应该比我们好或者坏。
no worse than us. After all don’t they work for us? Or aren’t the supposed to?
毕竟,难道他们不是在为我们工作吗?或者不应该要求这样吗?
We’re the boss. They’re the employee. All you see on daytime television and I love it, tell
我们所看到的所有我很喜欢的日间电视节目都告诉我们:我们是老板,他们是员工
your doctor about this drug. Well let me steal from Bill Maher if I will for a moment.
告诉你的医生这个药。一段时间以后,让我从比尔马修那里偷来。
If you’re telling your doctor what you need your doctor’s not a doctor, he’s a dealer.
如果你告诉你的医生你需要什么,那么这个医生不是医生而是一个商人。
He should be telling you what you need. He’s the doctor. So why do they do ads on TV telling
而真正的的医生会告诉你你需要什么。
you to take these drugs? And the point is yes, they do control our entire healthcare system today.
那么为什么他们在电视上通过做广告让我们去买这些药?问题的关键是现在他们已经控制了我们全部的医疗保健体系。
The pure Libertarian is almost an anarchist. I’ve butted heads with them
绝对自由是无政府主义状态。
at times and they believe some of them that there’s no role of government at all.
我已经被他们嘲笑了很多次,他们中的一些人相信这里根本就没有政府。
And I’ve kind of said come on, in a civilized society you’ve got to have some type of
在文明社会里,你能得到一定的公平。
entity that performs fairness within society. You’d have anarchy if you don’t have in
如果你不生活在文明社会,或者你没有收到人与人之间的相互制约,你将会生活混乱。
a civil society if you don’t have some form of control of the people. So I understand
因此,我能充分理解自由主义者的观点,但正如你们所知,我却是一位现实主义者。
the Libertarian viewpoint enough but I’m also a realist, you know. You’re not going to live in Utopia.
你不可能生活在乌托邦。
That’s impossible. We’re human beings. We make mistakes. We’re not gods. We’re humans.
那是不可能的 我们是人类 是人就会犯错 我们不是神 我们都是人类。