This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Lucija.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是露西佳。
And I'm Kaveh.
我是卡维。
Kaveh, do you know that one of our Facebook fans wrote us saying,
卡维,你知道吗?一个脸书粉丝写信给我们节目说:
"English speakers talk too fast! I can't understand what they're saying."
“英语母语者说话太快了,我很难理解她们再说什么。”
D'ya think Todd'll wanna go to the movie?
你觉得托德会去看电影吗?
What you think she'll do?
你觉得她会怎么样?
I've heard that as well!
我也听说了,
I think it's because English teachers speak so sloooowllly and pronounce eveeeerrryy singgllleee word cleaaarrrly.
我觉得这是因为英语老师说话太慢…了,且将每个单词的发音发得很…清楚。
But native speakers squeeze, shorten, combine, and drop sounds all the time.
但是本土的人在说话过程中,会对音节或挤压或缩短或连读或丢弃。
So what can English learners do?
那英语学习者可以怎么做呢?
I think it's important to listen for key grammar words like be, have, do, to, and will. These words are often shortened.
我认为着重听诸如be/have/do/to/will这类语法词语非常重要,这些词经常被缩略。
That's true! My friend always says, "D'ya wanna go?" instead of "Do you want to go?"
是的,我朋友经常说“D'ya wanna go?(你想去吗?)”,而不是说“Do you want to go?”
That's right. Americans speak very quickly to each other.
对的,美国人彼此说话语速相当快。例如:
M leaving now. I'll see you tomorrow.
我走了,明天见。
Whaddya want?
你想要什么?
Watcha gonna do about it?
你打算怎么处置它?
The key is to train your ears to listen for shortened grammar words.
关键的是训练你的耳朵,去听取被缩略的语法词语。
Why can't people just slow down so English learners can understand?
为什么人们不能放慢语速,这样一来,英语学习者就能听得明白呢?
Well, listening to slow speech is important when you're learning.
这个嘛,在学习的过程中,听慢速的很重要,
But, for regular people on the street, it's just not natural to speak like an English teacher.
但是,如果街上的普通人像英语老师那样说话,会很不自然。
Good advice. I'm going to send that to our Facebook fan.
建议不错,我会把这个发送给脸书上的那个粉丝的。