I wouldn't say it's a bike for lazy people, which a lot of people think, when they think electric cycles.
我不会说这辆车适合懒人,虽然很多人一想到电动车时都这么认为。
It was more like, an action bike.
它更像是一辆行动派的自行车。
Something between a motorcycle and a normal cycle.
这是一种介于摩托车和普通自行车之间的车。
You can control the electric power, so you choose how much you wanna use it,
你可以控制它的功率,所以可以选择你用多大功率,
but the actual trial is really, really tiring. It gives you a good workout.
但调试的过程真的很枯燥,运动量会很大。
It was just a hobby, really, at the time it was an idea, a concept, you know, let me build my own bike.
做这个车原先只是一个兴趣,真的,那个时候还只有一个概念,你知道吗,就是让我弄一个属于我自己的自行车。
And, I think it was about three months later, I did have my own bike.
我想,可能差不多3个月之后,我终于有了属于我自己的自行车。
It was my own mountain bike. (Frankenstein.)
就是我的山地车。(弗兰肯斯坦)
Yeah, definitely looked like a Frankenstein bike and you had batteries everywhere, wires everywhere.
是的,从外观上看它绝对是一辆可怕的自行车,到处都是电池,到处都是线。
it was faster but it was just too scary to ride because it was just too light.
它比普通的自行车更快,但是很吓人,因为它太轻了。
We thought, “Okay, well at least the concept was there.”
我们想着,“好吧,至少有那个意思了。”
And then we're like, “This could be a viable business and you know, electric bike was something that was growing in around the world."
之后,我们的感觉差不多是这样,“或许我们还能靠它挣点儿钱,你知道的,电动自行车这种东西在全球范围内都越来越流行了。”
We have to design a bike which was more for the U.A.E. market,
我们要设计一种专为阿联酋市场打造的自行车,
which is something you can take out and actually use on the dunes.
要设计一种你能够把它骑出去在沙丘上骑的自行车。
Saluki, is a local dog breed, which is very skinny, it's very fast and it's quiet.
萨卢基狗是我们这里的一种土狗,非常瘦,但非常快,而且很安静。
It's a desert dog so it really fits within our brand and that's why we picked it.
它是一种沙漠狗,所以和我们的品牌非常搭,这也是我们选择用它来作为我们的标志的原因。
The fat bikes are made for the desert, mainly,
粗轮自行车主要是为沙漠设计的,
and they can go up to 45 km per hour in the desert, quietly, without disturbing any wildlife,
而且,它们在沙漠里的时速可达到45公里,很安静,不会惊扰到野生动物,
without creating any issues in the desert.
不会给沙漠造成任何问题。
And it's a really seamless drive.
真的是零伤害的骑行。
I mean, there was one of the amazing things when riding on the bike for the first time, you know, desert foxes, I saw desert rabbits, I saw bugs, I saw lizards,
最神奇的事情就是,第一次骑这种车的时候,我看到了沙漠狐狸,我看到了沙漠兔,我还看见了昆虫、蜥蜴
things I never saw riding my quad around in the back of the desert before.
而这些东西是我以前在沙漠中开车时所未曾见过的。
And it's just, in silence, it's you and the wind.
寂静之中只有你和风。
It was phenomenal, just riding on the ridges of the sand dunes.
沿着沙丘的边沿骑过是一种非凡的体验。
And then, the sun goes down, it's just amazing.
之后,夕阳西下,那种景象简直是不可思议。
You've gotta try it. I mean, one thing that we've noticed,
你一定要尝试以下,我是说,我们注意到,
anyone that gets on these bikes, they come back with a big smile.
每个骑上这种车的人,归来时都是春风满面。