I run a design studio in New York.
我在纽约开一家设计工作室。
Every seven years, I close it for one year to pursue some little experiments,
每七年我都关闭一年,让我进行一些小实验,
things that are always difficult to accomplish during the regular working year.
一些通常不容易在正常的工作年度里达成的事。
In that year, we are not available for any of our clients. We are totally closed.
关闭的一年,我们不接受任何顾客,完全关门。
And as you can imagine, it is a lovely and very energetic time.
可想而知,那是一段美好又充满能量的时光。
I originally had opened the studio in New York to combine my two loves, music and design.
我起先在纽约开了这家工作室,为的是结合我的两项酷爱:音乐和设计。
And we created videos and packaging for many musicians that you know, and for even more that you've never heard of.
我们制作录像和设计装璜,其中有很多是你们熟悉的音乐家,更多是你们没有听闻过的音乐家。
As I realized, just like with many many things in my life that I actually love, I adapt to it.
我发觉,就像生活中很多我喜爱的事物。
And I get, over time, bored by them. And for sure, in our case, our work started to look the same.
一旦习以为常,便渐渐变得沉闷。我的工作室也不例外,我们的作品开始变得类同。
You see here a glass eye in a die cut of a book.
看到了吧,书中藏着一颗玻璃眼睛。
Quite the similar idea, then, a perfume packaged in a book, in a die cut.
同样的设计,用于香水包装,书中藏着一瓶香水。
So I decided to close it down for one year.
因此我们决定关门一年。