Hi I'm Chetna, I love making Indian food.
大家好我是凯特纳,我超喜欢制作印度食物。
And today with Hotpoint, I'm gonna show you the ultimate veggie curry.
今天让我们用“Hotpoint”来制作极品素食咖喱。
This is inspired by Chole which comes from Punjab, the north of India.
印度北部旁遮普邦有一道传统菜名叫“Chole”,这道素食咖喱就是受到了它的启发。
And it's packed full of spices, ginger, garlic, coriander, chili with lots of fresh vegetables.
这道菜有香料、姜、蒜、香菜、红辣椒以及许多新鲜蔬菜。
My mum who still lives in India makes this very often.
我妈妈现在住在印度,她经常做这道菜。
She is an amazing cook,
她做了一手好菜,
and it reminds me of cooking with her and sitting down to have this meal together with my family.
它让我想起了和她一起做饭,同家人一同享用这道菜的场景。
It brings back so many memories.
这让我回忆起了许多往事。
I'm using Hotpoint gas hob which gives me great control on the temperature.
今天我们使用的是“Hotpoint”燃气灶,它能够更好地控制温度。
Add 2 tablespoons of oil. Keep the temperature medium-high heat.
首先加入两勺食用油,保持在中火就可以了。
Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, the whole chili.
加入一勺小茴香子,将盘中所有红辣椒倒入。
And I'm keeping the seeds in because I want it nice and spicy.
加入小茴香子的原因是让它更加入味,更加香辣。
Now onions. That chili is hot. I can feel it.
之后是洋葱,红辣椒真辣,我都已经感觉到了。
Cook this for 10 to 15 minutes until I get golden brown color.
之后翻炒10-15分钟,炒到金黄色就可以了。
And they are the perfect color. We've cooked it slowly.
现在翻炒出来的颜色非常好,我们采用的是小火慢炒的方式。
Grate ginger and garlic, into the onions now. Beautiful!
把姜蒜倒入锅中,与洋葱一起翻炒,很漂亮!
One thing my mum always says is do not rush,
我妈妈总会强调不要着急,
because this is going to give you that ultimate flavor in the curry.
咖喱在小火慢炒下,味道将是无与伦比的。
Add 2 tomatoes to this. Turn up the heat to medium now and cook this for 10 minutes.
将切好的两个西红柿倒入锅中,开中火翻炒,翻炒10分钟。
Add 2 tablespoons of tomato puree to this and we'll cook it for another 8 to 10 minutes.
再加入两勺番茄酱,翻炒8-10分钟。
Slow cooking it so that all the flavors come together.
一定要慢炒,让食材的味道全部散发出来。
It's all going to be worth it in the end. And you're gonna be thanking me later.
所有的努力都是值得的,你一会儿肯定会感激我。
Now add all the spices, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, half a teaspoon of chili,
现在加入所有香料,一勺姜黄粉,半勺红辣椒粉,
1 tablespoon of coriander powder and 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
一勺香菜粉,还有一勺印度香料粉。
My mum always has this spice box,
我妈妈有个香料盒,
and these are the basic spices in her box that are always ready for whenever she needs to cook.
这些都是她的基本香料,只要做饭这些她都会准备齐全。
One teaspoon of salt, add 100ml of boiling water, one tin of chickpeas.
加入一勺盐,100毫升开水,一听鹰嘴豆。
We add all the liquid as well. So I'm gonna now add all the vegetables to this.
将所有液体放入锅中,然后加入所有蔬菜。
I've got a medium-sized cauliflower,a handful of green beans, one medium-sized carrot.
放入一个中等大小的菜花,再抓一把绿豆放进去,还有一个中等大小的胡萝卜。
Look at all those lovely colors. Now add frozen peas give it a good mix.
看看这些五颜六色的食材,之后加入冻豌豆,搅拌均匀。
Oh this smells takes me back home.
哦,这个味道让我想家了。
When I was studying away from home,and I would call my mum,
我想起我在外学习的时候,我给我妈妈打电话,
you know when I was about to visit and she said oh,what would you like to eat when you get home?
说我要回家一趟,然后我妈妈会问我,你回家想吃什么?
And I would very often say can you just make me some chole? Absolutely delicious!
我经常会说,你能给我做些“Chole”吗? 美味至极啊!
I will throw in another 100ml of boiling water. Good mix, lid on,
之后再加入100毫升开水,搅拌均匀,盖上盖子,
temperature medium and low and leave it for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked properly.
控制在中小火,等待20分钟待蔬菜完全煮熟。
Wow, I'm gonna finish this curry with a tablespoon of double cream and fresh coriander.
啊,最后加入一勺浓奶油,撒上新鲜的香菜。
Quick mix and we are ready to plate up with some steaming hot rice.
之后快速搅拌,将它与盛满米饭的盘子放在一起。
I've also got some naan. I cannot wait to taste this.
我还加上一些印度烤饼,我等不及要入口了。
It's time to eat!
开吃了!
So so good,my mum would be proud of it.
太好吃了,我妈妈一定会为我骄傲的。
You can tell the base of the curry has been cooked nice and slowly.
咖喱最深层的味道也被煮了出来。
Hope you've liked my food memory. Me, Jamie and Hotpoint would like to know yours too.
希望大家喜欢我的这道美食记忆,杰米,我们的“Hotpoint”还有我期待大家的美味佳肴。
So please share it with us, using the #myfoodmemories and
大家可以通过“#myfoodmemories”来与我们分享,
tell us about that special food that takes you back in time,
让我们知道让你魂牵梦绕的菜肴。
and if you'd like to see more food memories including Jamie's for Katya,
如果你想知道更多关于美食记忆的话题,包括杰米的节目,
then click on the link up here and go to food memories hub.
请点击右边的链接,探寻更多关于美食的记忆。