This is all about me? Yep. I researched a lot of things, mostly on Wikipedia.
这是关于我的吗?是的。我查了许多关于你的资料,大部分是在维基百科找的。
Did it take you 100 hours to do this? No, only 70 cause it's 4 pages.
你花了100个小时去做这个?只花了70个小时,因为只有4页。
Everybody else 100 hours, huh?
其他人怎么都是100小时?
Your life ain't been all that, so we can do you in 70.
你的人生不精彩,70个小时足矣了是吧。
So, what are you gonna do? Okay. I'm going to read a comic. Oh, okay.
接下来你做什么?我将为大家读一部连环画。好的。
Steve Harvey was born Broderick S. Harvey on January 17, 1957.
史蒂夫·哈维先生出生于1957年1月17日,原名为布罗德里克·S·哈维。
His father, Jesse Harvey, worked as a coal miner.
父亲杰西·哈维曾经是一名矿工。
His mother, Eloise Harvey, worked hard to make a happy home. Oh, that's really good.
母亲埃洛伊塞·哈维在家相夫教子。真不错。
Harvey moved to Cleveland, Ohio, East 112th Street,
哈维之后搬到了俄亥俄克里夫兰市,住进了112号东街,
which later received the honorary name, Steve Harvey Way.
之后获得“史蒂夫·哈维式”的美誉。
Ha! Watch yourself, girl. Go on, boy. Coming up in this world.
怎么样,不错吧孩子,继续。横空出世了。
He went to Glenville High School and graduated in 1974. Yeah.
他曾就读于格伦维尔高中,1974年毕业。对的。
Now, I have to ask you if you actually wore this.
我想问你真的戴过这玩意吗?
No. See, like, that's a backpack.
你看到没,这是个背包。
Yeah. There wasn't no backpacks back then. Oh, okay.
对的。当时还没有背包。好吧。
Yeah, we had lunch boxes. I didn't have one of them, either.
当时只有饭盒,但我当时连这个也没有。
But I had them pimp paisley paints though. Yeah?
但我给它们弄上了佩斯利花纹。真的吗?
You still have them? No, I don't have them no more.
你现在还有吗,这个?没了,现在没有了。
And see that little girl right there, in front of me?
看图上这个小女孩,站在我前面的?
Yeah. Yeah. She didn't go to my school.
是的。她不是我们学校的。
Yeah, there was no, there was no busing yet.
当时还没有校车。
Okay, go ahead. Okay.
继续吧,好的。
After school, he attended Kent State University.
毕业后,他进入了肯特州立大学。
Now, see, at Kent State, I had a little situation. Uh-huh. Yeah. I flunked out.
在肯特,我出现了一点小情况。什么?我被劝退了。
I was considered a failure. That's when they started writing me off in life.
我被看作是个失败者。他们认为我无可救药。
But it's okay. They were wrong about me. Yes.
但这没有关系,他们小看我了。是的。
Go ahead and read.
继续读。
But college was hard for Harvey as were the jobs that followed, such as a boxer...Yes, I boxed.
大学时光是艰难的,但后来的工作之旅也异常艰辛,比如说拳击手。是的,我曾经是一名拳击手。
So, all you just gonna put is the whuppings? Yeah.
你画的都是对手胜利的画面,对吗?是的。
So I just got beat to death? Yep.
我被打得没有反手之力?对。
It's humor. It's humor? It's humor. Well, let me humor you.
这是幽默而已。幽默?是的。那我也来幽默幽默你。
That little blond-haired lady didn't whup me.
那个矮矮的,金头发的女生没有打我。
Okay, go ahead. An insurance salesman.
继续。之后保险推销员。
Yeah, I did that. Oh, and you got a door slammed in my face. Yeah.
我干过。哦,你画了一个门,一个我被拒绝了的大门。是的。
A carpet cleaner. I had a carpet-cleaning company. And a mailman.
地毯清洁员。我曾经有一个地毯清洁公司。之后是邮递员。
Now, they said I was a mailman, but I was never really a mailman. Yeah.
他们说我是,但其实我不真的是。真的吗?
I was in the delivery business, but it was, um...It was, uh... Okay.
我在投递行业,但是...其实是...好的。
However, none of these jobs were Harvey's true calling. Yes.
但是,以上这些工作都不是哈维先生最想干的。是的。
October 8, 1985, Hilarities Comedy Club. Yeah!
1985年10月8日,喜剧俱乐部。是的!
After discovering his passion for comedies, Steve Harvey performed on many comedy shows.
由于对喜剧的热爱,哈维开始在多个喜剧节目中崭露头角。
I'm working harder than I ever worked in my life.
我为它真的是拼了命了。
So, then, the phone rings. Br-rr-ing!
电话响了。铃铃铃!
Hello? Hi, it's Ellen. I have an idea for you. Ellen DeGeneres!
喂?我是艾伦。我有个想法。艾伦·德詹尼斯!
Girl, let me tell you what. When Ellen called, it's like E. F. Hutton. You pick that phone up.
孩子,我告诉你。当艾伦给我打电话时,就像是爱德华·哈顿打给你一样。你接了电话。
Steve, can I talk to you?
史蒂夫,我能跟你谈谈吗?
How much you talking about?
你在说什么?
And the present.
之后是现在。
And now, the host of 'Little Big Shots' , America's favorite smash hit, Steve Harvey! Yeah!
现在他是美国最著名电视节目“小小达人秀”的节目主持人。耶!
Thank you. That was a good little story.
谢谢。这是个非常感人的小故事。
That's...that's a pretty good little story, man.
非常感人的小故事。
I think the moral is that everybody has a true calling,
这让人们懂得了一个道理,所有人都有自己喜爱的职业。
Cause you, you had a lot of false starts and a lot of failures, but then you came back.
你经历了许多逆境,许多失败,但你回来了。
Yeah. And you found comedy.
是的。你找到了喜剧之路。
And so even if you have to work hard to find it, everybody has something that they can succeed in.
即使再艰难,所有人都有成功的可能。
Sasha, on point! Yeah! One more time, Sasha! One more time, Sasha! Yeah! Yeah!
萨莎,说得太对了!耶!再来一次,萨莎!再来一次!耶!耶!
Thank you, Sasha! Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Sasha!
谢谢你,萨莎!女士们先生们,为萨莎的精彩演出鼓掌!
Folks, I got a comic book now!
朋友们,我有我自己的漫画书了!