He was sort of a genius.
他是天才
I think sometimes geniuses are,by default, lonely and isolated.
我认为天才都是孤独独立的
He was not really well adjusted.
他没有经过真正的调整
He was just this funny,
他就是这么有趣
I mean, humorous guy who maybe had a moat around him,
我是指幽默的人周围都有护城河
because he was afraid and he didn't know anyone that he wanted to let in.
因为他害怕 不知道想要进入的人
And to this day, I mean, I don't know.Well, nobody knows him like I do,
时至今日 没人像我一样了解他
and probably any wife would say that, but.
可能所有的妻子都会这么说 但是
He's a loner in a sense.
在某种意义上他是不合群的
And it's difficult to connect on an emotional level,
很难在情绪层面上产生联系
because I think that that's not his basic mode of operation.
因为我觉得这不是他的基本运作方式
He was there,physically,but he was upstairs reading all the time.
他是在那里 但是他一直在楼上读书
I always told my mother we have to talk in sound bytes.
我一直告诉我母亲我们要靠音节来对话
I learned that early on, that if you start going into some long thing,
我很早就知道了 如果你开始做了一件很长久的事
unless you've explained to him ahead of time that it's going to be a long thing
除非你提前向他解释 那是一件很长久的事
and you need him to hang in there, you lose him.
你需要他坚持下去
You lose him to whatever giant thought
他脑子里考虑什么的时候
he has in his head at the time that he was probably thinking about before you came in and really wants to get back to.
你就会失去他 他可能在你进来前就在思考 而且真的很想继续思考