The initial example is really my mother.
最初的例子就是我的母亲
She came from a generation where the main function of the wife was to help her husband in the job.
她来自妻子的主要功能就是在工作上帮助丈夫的年代
And my sisters are fully as smart as I am.
我的姐妹们和我一样聪明
They got better personalities than I had,
他们比我拥有更好的人格
but they got the message a million different ways that their future was limited,
但她们从通过各种方式认识到了她们的未来是有限的
and I got the message that the sky is the limit
我认识到天空是有限的
and it wasn't due to a lack of love or anything of the sort.It just,it was the culture.
不是因为缺乏关爱等等 就是文化使然
On the other hand,you can look at the flip side of that and say it's quite encouraging,
另一方面 你可以从对立面来看 非常令人振奋
because if you look at what this country accomplished only using half of its talent,
因为这个国家就使用了它一半的人才
just think of the potential for the future.
你就会发现未来的潜力
I'm enormously bullish on America over the future and part of the reason is that we,
我对美国的未来很看好 一部分原因是
by some rather stupid decisions, essentially put half our talent on the sidelines.
由于一些错误的原因 让我们一半的人才成为了旁观者
Warren is probably the most rational person I've ever met.
沃伦可能是我见过的最为理性的人
Charlie Munger would be a close rival.
查理芒格可能差不多
And Charlie became a man that Warren depended on heavily
查理成为沃伦最为倚重的人
and I think his first experiences in the discarded-cigar-butt era
我认为 他在烟头股上的初次体验
convinced him that it was not exactly where he wanted to be.
使他相信这不是他真正想要的