I am the soil,
我是土壤
I am in the hills, and in the valleys, the farms, the orchards.
我存在于山上 山谷中 农田里 果园里
Without me, humans could not exist,
离开我 人类就不能生存
but you treat me like dirt,
但是你却把我当作灰尘
Do you realize that I'm just a thin skin on this planet.
你察觉到了吗 我只是这个星球上的一层薄薄的皮肤
And that I'm actually alive,
事实上我是有生命的
full of organisms that grow your food,
充满了以种植你们的食物的有机物
but I'm broken, aching, overused, sick because of you.
但是由于你们人类 我变得残存 疼痛 过度使用 病入膏肓
You have withered me away
你们使我退化到
to less than half of what I used to be,just over one hundred years ago.
与我一百年前比 我曾经一半的数量
Are you paying attention?
你有在听吗
I am turning to dust.
我将要变成灰尘了
So maybe you could treat me with a little more respect.
所以也许你们可以对我稍微尊重一些
I suppose you still wanna eat, right?
我想你们仍然要吃东西的 对吧