手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 视频训练课程 > 奥巴马演讲 > 正文

第14期:奥巴马老婆谈教育

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

And although the circumstances of our lives may seem very distant,

虽然我们的生活环境好像相差很远,
with me standing here as the First Lady of the United States of America, and you,
我作为美利坚合众国的第一夫人站在这里,而你,
just getting through school.
刚开始上学
I want you to know that we have very much in common.
我想让你知道我们有很多共同之处。
For nothing in my life's path
在我的人生道路上没有什么
would have predicted that I'd be standing here
曾经预示我会站在这里
as the first African-American First Lady of the United States of America.
作为第一个非洲裔美利坚合众国第一夫人
There was nothing in my story that would land me here.
在我的人生故事中没有什么会使我站在这里
I wasn't raised with wealth or resources,
我长大并没有财富或资源,
or any social standing to speak of.
或任何社会地位可言
I was raised on the south side of Chicago.
我在芝加哥南部长大
That's the real part of Chicago.
那里是真正的芝加哥
And I was the product of a working-class community.
我是工薪阶层社区的产物
My father was a city worker all of his life,
我父亲一辈子都是一名城市工人,
and my mother was a stay-at-home mom,
而我的母亲是一名家庭主妇,
and she stayed at home to take care of me and my older brother.
她在家照顾我和我哥哥

重点单词   查看全部解释    
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。